Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out of town during new EDD window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD just got pushed back to late October - early November, and I have a week and a half of business travel planned smack dab in the middle of that. When I first put in the order, I told my SA about this, but he said that my (at the time) October delivery window was unlikely to change...which it just did. Now I'm looking at the possibility of not being able to pick up the car during the 5-day window if it arrives while I'm out of town, and potentially missing delivery of a car I'll have been waiting 3-4 months for. Has anyone been able to get any flexibility from Tesla on pickup scheduling in these cases?

Previous threads on the topic are not encouraging, but they're also over a year old, so hopefully something's changed here.

Happened to me. The delivery center can only hold it for a week or so before releasing the VIN. You most likely will need to put your delivery on hold once you get a VIN.
I put mine on hold for 3 weeks after receiving my VIN. Once I clicked the “I’m ready” button, the put me back in the queue and I received the car in 8 days. That was back in June though.