Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out Of Warranty, Seat Stuck Down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just passed the 50k miles warranty mark and finally needed to raise the third row seat, it is locked in the down position.

Yes, all of the suggestions from other threads have been tried.

This problem cropped up a year ago and they said the cable had slipped. 40 minute repair.

I have loosened the back cover of the seat and see no way to get to the latching cables, there is a riveted metal plate under the cover. But it's obvious service pulled the cover previously, there are scratches where they dug the pry bar in next to the fasteners.

Does anyone (possibly a Tesla tech) have insight on how to DIY this simple repair?

I just passed the 50k miles warranty mark and finally needed to raise the third row seat, it is locked in the down position.

Yes, all of the suggestions from other threads have been tried.

This problem cropped up a year ago and they said the cable had slipped. 40 minute repair.

I have loosened the back cover of the seat and see no way to get to the latching cables, there is a riveted metal plate under the cover. But it's obvious service pulled the cover previously, there are scratches where they dug the pry bar in next to the fasteners.

Does anyone (possibly a Tesla tech) have insight on how to DIY this simple repair?

Hi my 2016 has the same problem did you get it fixed ?

Hi my 2016 has the same problem did you get it fixed ?

Yes. There is a cam that the cable rolls over to latch and unlatch. The pin on the cam broke (probably under my weight sleeping in back).

I did that repair and a broken "7 seater trunk" cover support plastic piece (definitely broke due to my weight trying to pull the seat up) at the same time. Both together were $250, I was pleased as the support piece attaches to the body. About an 1.5 hour wait at the service center.

BUT my service center in Columbus Ohio is awesome. They often will fix minor problems they spot while my car is in for free. They just recently went back after the body shop that repaired my wreck and got a fix for the falcon wing done that I didn't even know needed fixed.