Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Overpriced 2018 M3 for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$35k cash offer good this weekend.
I'll take $44k this weekend but u have to bring the "cash" in an attache case. lol
here is a similar M3 for your reference:

Last edited:
Sometimes they do, like when Tesla sells cars at auction. Those cars are notorious for showing old FSD installs that get removed at the next firmware update.
thanks man, seems like used inventory comes with the FSD subscription that gets wiped if you dont renew:

thanks man, seems like used inventory comes with the FSD subscription that gets wiped if you dont renew:
No it does not.

I don’t know why you are jumping to conclusions. I bought used from Tesla just a few months ago. If it says it comes with FSD, then it comes with FSD for the whole life of the vehicle.

What the commentor is referring to is if Tesla sells the car at an auction to other used car dealerships. This is not a concern if you are buying used directly from Tesla

No it does not.

I don’t know why you are jumping to conclusions. I bought used from Tesla just a few months ago. If it says it comes with FSD, then it comes with FSD for the whole life of the vehicle.

What the commentor is referring to is if Tesla sells the car at an auction to other used car dealerships. This is not a concern if you are buying used directly from Teslath

No it does not.

What the commentor is referring to is if Tesla sells the car at an auction to other used car dealerships. This is not a concern if you are buying used directly from Tesla
thanks for the clarification and dont be shy, make me an offer :)

agree to disagree with you. have already been offered $36k+ from carvana and mine still has limited warranty valid until November. good luck
If you show an offer from Carvana in the last week with a 36K offer time stamped, I will Venmo you $100 instantly

Stop lying and trying to inflate your car value. Nobody is going to buy it

If you show an offer from Carvana in the last week with a 36K offer time stamped, I will Venmo you $100 instantly

Stop lying and trying to inflate your car value. Nobody is going to buy it
lyiing? why so much hate? :( I am not trying to inflate the value just protecting my interest. I am not here to rip anyone off just trying to make sure I get the most money I can as should everyone. The Carvana offer is for sure older than a week so hold onto your $100 but I will fumble through gmail and see if I can find it...

lyiing? why so much hate? :( I am not trying to inflate the value just protecting my interest. I am not here to rip anyone off just trying to make sure I get the most money I can as should everyone. The Carvana offer is for sure older than a week so hold onto your $100 but I will fumble through gmail and see if I can find it...
no luck, must have been over 30 days ago :(

• Funny
Reactions: JER85 and letsgofly
u guys are killing me…
I’m thoroughly entertained. Normally I have to keep a much tighter leash on these threads, but considering how it started, I figure I can let it run a little wild.

Super curious if anyone got a Carvana or Carmax offer before the Tesla price drop and was able to take that same offer after.

I’m thoroughly entertained. Normally I have to keep a much tighter leash on these threads, but considering how it started, I figure I can let it run a little wild.

Super curious if anyone got a Carvana or Carmax offer before the Tesla price drop and was able to take that same offer after.
uh oh, are we entering "click bait" territory? lol
my carvana offer was before the price drop announcement and was only valid for 7 days. guess i should have taken it but my crystal ball is having technical difficulties

reduced to $39,950 without AWD, Acceleration Boost or FSD so I think $44k is reasonable but only if someone wants FSD which I think is overpriced. I use the acceleration package 10x as much as the FSD.

Just got off the phone and the peanut gallery is correct, these listings come with FSD so I have dropped the price. Now asking $48k and all reasonable offers will be entertained. $35k is not reasonable IMO :(
I'm not trying to bag on you, but a close friend of mine just bought a 2020 M3 (26K miles) with FSD from a BMW dealer last month for 42K. You are wildly overpriced for a 2018. Good luck. If it were me I would try for 39K.

No worries and I appreciate the intel. If you could take a screen shot of your friends software packages it would further help to devalue everyone's M3s which is what I feel like this thread has become.
Congrats to your friend but I would bet that the BMW dealer didnt list the car for $42k, thats just the purchase price the buyer and seller negotiated to? And is it AWD or RWD?
My asking price remains $44k but maybe you know someone who will offer me $39k?
Again, all reasonable offers will be entertained and $35k isnt it. :)

Last edited:
reduced to $39,950 without AWD, Acceleration Boost or FSD so I think $44k is reasonable but only if someone wants FSD which I think is overpriced. I use the acceleration package 10x as much as the FSD.
You’re using a data point that is nearly 2 months old AND did not have a confirmed sale, so we have no idea what that car eventually sold for or if it even did and at what price. Regardless, you’d have to chop off a few thousand from whatever that car sold for 2 months ago as the market has been trending downward since August and especially since 2 days ago. Not trying to be critical, just trying to present facts of the current state of the market.

I did it the night before the price drop: mileage in 2021 performance: 14000 miles, just out of curiosity because Carvana has been lowballing on Teslas for at least 2 months now. I will match the $100 Venmo offer if he can prove it. Furthermore, he claims and argues that Tesla iventory cars do not come with fsd, then admits they do, says it's a monthly subscription fee, then says he has a $35k offer from Carvana, then calls people clowns because they were correct about fsd, oh the irony. I usually don't comment or engage in conversational madness, but this is too much.🤣
Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 5.47.33 PM.png