Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Overpriced 2018 M3 for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did it the night before the price drop: mileage in 2021 performance: 14000 miles, just out of curiosity because Carvana has been lowballing on Teslas for at least 2 months now. I will match the $100 Venmo offer if he can prove it. Furthermore, he claims and argues that Tesla iventory cars do not come with fsd, then admits they do, says it's a monthly subscription fee, then says he has a $35k offer from Carvana, then calls people clowns because they were correct about fsd, oh the irony. I usually don't comment or engage in conversational madness, but this is too much.🤣View attachment 895884
I just realized OPs name says idiot.
He has actually just been trolling us the whole time 😂😂

• Funny
Reactions: id10tfr33@gmai
I did it the night before the price drop: mileage in 2021 performance: 14000 miles, just out of curiosity because Carvana has been lowballing on Teslas for at least 2 months now. I will match the $100 Venmo offer if he can prove it. Furthermore, he claims and argues that Tesla iventory cars do not come with fsd, then admits they do, says it's a monthly subscription fee, then says he has a $35k offer from Carvana, then calls people clowns because they were correct about fsd, oh the irony. I usually don't comment or engage in conversational madness, but this is too much.🤣View attachment 895884
haters hate, thats just what they do, make an offer or troll a different thread.

My offer is good until noon today.
appreciate the reminder but I cant let it go for $35k, sorry. you can prob get this one for $35k though:

appreciate the reminder but I cant let it go for $35k, sorry. you can prob get this one for $35k though:
I posted a link to the one I’ll be buying for $31,500 tomorrow.

We all value what we value…. Honestly the market says what it is. Unfortunately it’s not a good time to be the seller. Just as it was a horrible time to be the buyer in 2021-2022…. You’re better off shutting this down and not responding and trying to move on.
there is an ass for every seat. someone will value FSD and that is the buyer I am looking for so thanks for keeping this thread relevant :)

Reactions: J_nobear21
All,
US Marshalls sold a 2018 Model 3 Performance with 24K miles and no FSD at auction for $35300 on 1/3/23 in Opa Locks, Fl.
funny as Opa Locka was my dads stomping grounds back in the day. The igloo bar and padrones pub is where I learned to play pool and cards as a kid. I had a very interesting childhood to say the least :)
if you could share some evidence of this purchase it would be greatly appreciated.

I assume there is going to be quite a few of these threads in the coming months where sellers expectations and reality simply don’t align, pissing contest occurs, and feelings (wallet) get hurt.

OP may find an uninformed buyer but it does seem like his field of potential buyers would be extremely limited and he is unlikely to find one here.

Given the current market, the 35k offer (if real) feels fair to me. OP is sitting on a deprecating asset and that deprecation is only growing by the day.

One of the YouTubers I follow (not a Tesla YouTuber) as he buys and sells cars. Dude has been the high bidder of a 2018 dual motor M3 at $32,000 for 3 weeks straight:

Video is 3 weeks old and he had been bidding 3 weeks prior so it’s safe to assume they were dropping like a rock before the price drop. My guess is these things will be getting moved at wholesale for sub 25k soon.

• Informative
I assume there is going to be quite a few of these threads in the coming months where sellers expectations and reality simply don’t align, pissing contest occurs, and feelings (wallet) get hurt.

OP may find an uninformed buyer but it does seem like his field of potential buyers would be extremely limited and he is unlikely to find one here.

Given the current market, the 35k offer (if real) feels fair to me. OP is sitting on a deprecating asset and that deprecation is only growing by the day.

One of the YouTubers I follow (not a Tesla YouTuber) as he buys and sells cars. Dude has been the high bidder of a 2018 dual motor M3 at $32,000 for 3 weeks straight:

Video is 3 weeks old and he had been bidding 3 weeks prior so it’s safe to assume they were dropping like a rock before the price drop. My guess is these things will be getting moved at wholesale for sub 25k soon.
to be fair this is wholesale pricing. I was offered $34k ACV from a ford dealership last week, and yes I can provide proof for those with trust issues.
$35k for this car would be a win for a buyer but I simply cannot afford to sell it for that cheap. I could concede to $39k which I feel is a fair deal else I will just trade it in for a Model S when the dealership opens here in Jacksonville so i can get ~$2k tax break. keep the good luck wishes coming all, I may need it :)

to be fair this is wholesale pricing. I was offered $34k ACV from a ford dealership last week, and yes I can provide proof for those with trust issues.
$35k for this car would be a win for a buyer but I simply cannot afford to sell it for that cheap. I could concede to $39k which I feel is a fair deal else I will just trade it in for a Model S when the dealership opens here in Jacksonville so i can get ~$2k tax break. keep the good luck wishes coming all, I may need it :)
This is true but wholesale to retail in the used market isn’t usually a huge gap. To each his own. I wish you the best either way. I’m sure it’s got to be hard considering you had checked prices 2-3 months ago and perhaps made plans based on that.

I really do believe the longer you sit on this thing, the more pain you are going to experience and any tax savings realized by trading in will be wiped out (and more) by sitting on it longer than needed.

Hopefully I’m wrong and the market stabilizes and you can come back here 3-6 months from now and quote me and say “this didn’t age well” because you just traded in your M3 for $45k. Most of us here benefit from Tesla’s holding their value.

• Love
This is true but wholesale to retail in the used market isn’t usually a huge gap. To each his own. I wish you the best either way. I’m sure it’s got to be hard considering you had checked prices 2-3 months ago and perhaps made plans based on that.

I really do believe the longer you sit on this thing, the more pain you are going to experience and any tax savings realized by trading in will be wiped out (and more) by sitting on it longer than needed.

Hopefully I’m wrong and the market stabilizes and you can come back here 3-6 months from now and quote me and say “this didn’t age well” because you just traded in your M3 for $45k. Most of us here benefit from Tesla’s holding their value.
as a former toyota salesman I would disagree with, "wholesale to retail in the used market isn’t usually a huge gap." flipping a customer to a used car was where I made the most money as there was more gross profit. granted that was a lifetime ago so perhaps the industry has changed.