Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D Max kW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was wondering what other P100D owners are seeing for maximum power (75-100% SOC). Has anyone seen a difference in power based on firmware updates? Last night was the first time I actually used Ludicrous plus as it was nearly 100 degrees so battery heating went very quickly. This run was made at 82% SOC.
KW.jpg
1:4.jpg

If the battery gives out 553 kW and the front motor gets 154 kW and the one in the back 345 kW, what happened to the (553-154-345 kW) 54 kW left??

My guess is the fan and battery heater which was raging the whole time I was in Ludicrous + probably takes a ton of power to heat a 9 foot long battery, quickly.

Then you've got MCU, headlights, tail lights, high amounts of A/C (it was 90 degrees),and the stereo blasting out Sliver by Nirvana.

I could be wrong though.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Saw 559kW last night and laid down a 10.88 with an 84% SOC.

For whatever reason the previous owner had the staggered rims rotated, so all runs previous to this had one of 245s on the back and one 265s in the front. I switched them myself and saw a rather measurable difference in grip.

Attachments

• 10.88.jpg
    10.88.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Reactions: Inside
1. Great 1/4 mile time -good job
2. What? Different tyres on different sides of one axle!!??

1. Thank you, my friend. I guess this means I'm keeping her.;) If it didn't run a 10 second ET, I was prepared to just keep my P85D. I think that with a 10% higher state of charge it's capable of a little more, but I'm happy as is. In fact there is a Korean gentlemen, with a brand new 2019 P100DL, that ran a 10.82 at 121 mph as well.

2. Exactly, somebody had one of the front rims/tires on the back and vice versa. This actually made for a very weird handling (especially high speed cornering), that just made the car feel "off." The difference in the tires is so subtle you really need to read the sizes, to verify. Glad I did.