Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D- Putting the feelers out there

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for all the input guys!

FSD argument is tough, I can see both sides of it but not sure if I should just do it and increase resale value or leave it for someone else to buy, even if it's 5k come July.

Not everyone will want FSD, so if you buy it now, it will most certainly increase the value of the car but you most likely won't get your full investment back. I would just leave it up to the buyer to make the decision if he/she wants FSD.

Reactions: coldeath
On a side note, ICE vehicles are seeing significant pressure to the downside due to auctions being closed. Car dealerships are seeing little traffic and lease returns are piling up as well as fleet resales from rental companies.
I’m not sure where you got that information, but they may have been pushing only negatives and some false information. I’m not disagreeing because it’s obvious the market has slowed but Nationwide Manheim Auto Auctions is open, they are by far the largest auto auction company and I never counted but I believe they have multiple locations in every state. At a quick glance there is right around 300,000 cars in their system for sale, not much different from normal but that doesn’t say much if they don’t sell. They may not be having as many transactions but they are certainly not closed. On-site bidding is not being used because of distance requirements but live internet bidding is active and that is typically a very large portion of their business. Sales may be down but all is not doom and gloom because there will be some pent up demand once things get rolling again.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ralbright
Thanks for that info. Had a friend tell me that the auctions were closed, but guess that just meant the showroom was closed to buyers.
I’m surprised they didn’t close but if dealers are willing to pay them and auto industry employees are considered essential workers with only social distancing regulations they are open. It amazes me how many buyers are now online during the regular auction. I actually like when there are more online bidders because the auctioneer will bid vehicles up by randomly accepting bids from non existent bidders in the crowd to bring the bid numbers up to a set reserve and its sometimes difficult to differentiate "real" bids from "fake" bids but online bidder names show on a screen.

Last edited:
As a current shopper, I passed on a 2018 P3D (no -) in the ext/int color I was wanting with 3 years and 45k miles left of warranty remaining (just over 4k on the odometer) that eventually dropped to 48,270. If it fell to 46k I probably would have pulled the trigger but it appears to have been sold.

As a current shopper, I passed on a 2018 P3D (no -) in the ext/int color I was wanting with 3 years and 45k miles left of warranty remaining (just over 4k on the odometer) that eventually dropped to 48,270. If it fell to 46k I probably would have pulled the trigger but it appears to have been sold.
The 19’s have more comfortable seats. There is not much difference to buy a new one if it’s in your budget. Tesla just offered $49,300 for my 6 month old 2019 red/white P3+ trade. With the additional 7% trade tax savings ($52750) and convenience added it is hard to beat selling private.

Last edited:
Reactions: byeLT4
The 19’s have more comfortable seats. There is not much difference to buy a new one if it’s in your budget. Tesla just offered $49,300 for my 6 month old 2019 red/white P3+ trade. With the additional 7% trade tax savings ($52750) and convenience added it is hard to beat selling private.

My car performance model 3 base AP has 33000 miles and they recently offered me 41000. May I ask how many miles your car has?

Thank you
Sam

My car performance model 3 base AP has 33000 miles and they recently offered me 41000. May I ask how many miles your car has?

Thank you
Sam
Just over 4,000 miles. It’s immaculate, always garaged, plus it has red with white seats (extra $3k). It’s HW3 with the audible drive/reverse. I was disappointed because people say they are offered that for regular AWD cars with way more miles. Unless they exaggerate.

Just over 4,000 miles. It’s immaculate, always garaged, plus it has red with white seats (extra $3k). It’s HW3 with the audible drive/reverse. I was disappointed because people say they are offered that for regular AWD cars with way more miles. Unless they exaggerate.
Mine was an online quote I just entered my VIN and attested that the car had no damage. I think it's far too nice a car to let go for 41000.
I've had experience either driving or owning several Model S variants: 85, 90d, p85d, p90d, p100d, 75d. I just put new tires on it and the car still literally drives brand new like a dream. I'll just wait to see how model y production ramps up and maybe one day soon we'll get some more information about the roadster. It's crazy expensive part of me really thinks about buying one. I also still have the tri-motor Cyber truck on deposit and if they come out with a plaid version maybe I'll upgrade my order instead. Thank you for sharing the information.