Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Marks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone tell what these marks are? I've been through a couple touch less washes, hand washed a couple times, and used Turtlewax Ceramic Spray.

Marks do not come out with soap or claybar.

Attachments

• IMG_20191228_165121.jpg
    IMG_20191228_165121.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20191228_164421.jpg
    IMG_20191228_164421.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 69
Did you notice if those marks were there when you took delivery of the car ? I had a similar mark that the Mobile Tech said was contamination during the painting process. Hard for me to tell from the pic though. Have you consulted a detailer ?

Did you notice if those marks were there when you took delivery of the car ? I had a similar mark that the Mobile Tech said was contamination during the painting process. Hard for me to tell from the pic though. Have you consulted a detailer ?

I did stop by a detailer today but wasn't much help. I'll have to try another in the area.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't there at delivery.

I could send to Tesla and see what they think.

He thought water marks. He sprayed something on a microfiber towel but didn't remove anything.

One of the Mobile Techs that stopped by to dry fit a rear spoiler said he also helped out at the Tesla Approved Body Shop. He mentioned my mark was most likely contamination from the car not being totally clean from debris and not moisture free. BTW - my car had several panels with embedded sand/dirt in the paint, so that's why they had to respray so much of the car.

One of the Mobile Techs that stopped by to dry fit a rear spoiler said he also helped out at the Tesla Approved Body Shop. He mentioned my mark was most likely contamination from the car not being totally clean from debris and not moisture free. BTW - my car had several panels with embedded sand/dirt in the paint, so that's why they had to respray so much of the car.

how was your car after they repainted it? I also hafta get half my car repainted cuz of dirt/debris under the paint, causing little bumps and uneven parts... but I'm worried that it'll simply not be the same... or... worse...?

how was your car after they repainted it? I also hafta get half my car repainted cuz of dirt/debris under the paint, causing little bumps and uneven parts... but I'm worried that it'll simply not be the same... or... worse...?

Actually, the Tesla Approved Body Shop did an excellent job and the car looked better than it did when I took delivery !! They aligned the frunk, which the delivery advisor refused to put on my Due Bill. The color match was spot on and they detailed the car and got all the fine surface scratches and swirls out. Overall, I was very happy with the work they did...

Actually, the Tesla Approved Body Shop did an excellent job and the car looked better than it did when I took delivery !! They aligned the frunk, which the delivery advisor refused to put on my Due Bill. The color match was spot on and they detailed the car and got all the fine surface scratches and swirls out. Overall, I was very happy with the work they did...

Wow, great to know, that’s a relief! how long did it take for the job to be done? I did a circle around the car now that it’s daytime, and I realized they managed to buff out the majority of the issues... I could only see two small bumps and one white dot that couldn’t be taken care of. So maybe I will see...

there’s also four marks on the white seats I can’t get off no matter how I scrub with a wet towel. >< should be easy for them hopefully.

Still on the fence about getting these little things fixed... but I have next week off, so maybe I can look into it. Having time out error when trying to schedule appt through the app anyway lol, so it isn’t gonna happen right this moment!

Wow, great to know, that’s a relief! how long did it take for the job to be done? I did a circle around the car now that it’s daytime, and I realized they managed to buff out the majority of the issues... I could only see two small bumps and one white dot that couldn’t be taken care of. So maybe I will see...

The Tesla approved body shop had my car for two weeks, but Tesla paid for the 2 week rental of a Tesla Model S 100D from Enterprise during that time. They kept in touch with me during the process and they allotted a few days of that time for paint curing in their "curing booth" (their term, not mine). They also told me to wait for 30 days before having PPF put on.

Good Luck with your decision and Happy New Year !!