Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pairing used srs module to new car possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im in NJ. I'm pretty new to TMC so I wasn't sure how to respond to your question. As far as your RMC goes there's a company in MA on Ebay that'll reset it for $40 or so. Seatbelts masters they're called. I used safety restore this time to save $10 and they've been nothing but a headache. I'd recommend sending it to Safety Restore

Im in NJ. I'm pretty new to TMC so I wasn't sure how to respond to your question. As far as your RMC goes there's a company in MA on Ebay that'll reset it for $40 or so. Seatbelts masters they're called. I used safety restore this time to save $10 and they've been nothing but a headache. I'd recommend sending it to Safety Restore
I sent it to a place in mass and place called myairbags and neither could do it tho.

I sent it to a place in mass and place called myairbags and neither could do it tho.
Someone else I spoke to said he tried safety restore first who couldn't do it and then he sent it to seatbelt masters who did it. I only found this out after already Shipping it to Safety Restore who now claims they can't find the package although usps showed it was delivered there Monday. Should've just used seatbelt masters like I have in the past with 0 issues.

Crash Data Recorders (for all cars) are not designed to be "cleared". Once written, the data stays in them. Another used module will contain someone else's data. In some cases a FLASH memory programmer can be used rewrite the entire Flash chip. However, in order for it to function, it must be written with an image of the original, virgin data mask, and those may change with production changes. Thus once there has been an impact, you should replace the entire module with an OEM replacement part. There are services that claim to clear and rewrite them, but there's no certainty its been done correctly.