Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking garage Supercharger vanishes from NAV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

israndy

Supercharger Hunter
Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
I have noticed as I drive around Chicago trying the various superchargers that as I arrive at a parking structure that houses the Supercharger the icon on my NAV display for it will disappear, so I am unable to access the supercharger information such as directions, floor, & exit pin.

Has anyone else seen or had this issue? Is it just Chicago? All the superchargers on the drive here were in parking lots not structures

I have noticed it as well, Randys. Note that I have never been to Chicago to Supercharge.

But in shopping centers with parking structures that I have visited the navigation along with the pin craps out as soon as I enter into the structure.

I have learned the hard way to check PlugShare for tips for the actual location. Most times someone has been courteous enough to say that the SC are located on the third floor or whatever.

Upvote 0
I find signage at these buildings very poor. The nav should guide you to the entry with the big Tesla Supercharger sign - or at least there should be multiple signs guiding you to the SuC Entrance. Currently, the nav brings you near the building and you have to figure it out, or leave thinking there is no SuC. I saw a lady towed by AAA to a charging stall and wondered if she was looking for the SuC and gave up but could not make it to the next one. That really SuCs.

Upvote 0