Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking lot accident! Car recorded everything

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! A bit of an interesting situation, I was backing out of a parking space and then noticed another car started to back out after me. I stopped pulling out as I clearly noticed this man was not looking while pulling out of his space. He then proceeds to reverse into the side of my car. The dashcam footage shows that I stopped moving for a few seconds before he proceeds to back directly into my car. Has anyone had experience with how his insurance will resolve this as my car was not moving at the time of collision and the dashcam footage shows that. Also should I also file a diminished value claim with his insurance if this comes to a point where it will show up as an accident on a carfax report? All advice is welcomed!

Thank you!

For the love of everything normal, call YOUR insurance. If you were not in motion and he hit you, it’s his fault. Their job is to make you whole. Their job is to take care of your issues. HIS insurance wants to pay out as little as possible to make this problem go away. They will be underhanded and exploit the fact that you do not know all the rules, etc., to do so.

Don’t go thru his. If you don’t have insurance, well then, bad idea.