Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost “Recent” Dashcam Footage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I got into an accident from someone merging into my lane. Pulled over, watched the footage to see if it was saved or not. Drove home and tried to look for it the second time and it was not there. I panicked and took the Tesla flash drive inside the house to see if I could pull up the footage. Opened my laptop, scoured through all the footage files of the flash drive and was not there. I used the “Disk Drill” application and the file was not there. I called Tesla services, scoured online, forums, I truly am desperate to get this footage for insurance purposes otherwise the person who hit me will get away from this accident.

Dashcam is set to Auto, I figured if I was able to watch the footage inside the car, I wouldn’t have an issue watching it on my laptop, boy did that cost me.

Did you save the footage by pressing the dash cam icon (or honking the horn if set)?
- If you did, it will be inside the /TESLACAM/SavedClips directory and saved until no more room is available and even then only the oldest are purged.
- If you didn't, the last hour of driving is stored in the /TESLACAM/RecentClips folder. If this is your situation and you drove over an hour home, then the footage is likely lost unfortunately. Hopefully home was less than an hour away from the accident location.

• Informative
Reactions: KerryOH
Upvote 0