Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger side wiper washer hose retention clip - where to find?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Noticed yesterday that the passenger side windshield wiper washer hose was flapping around. At first I thought that the two retention clips somehow detached but upon closer inspection, it looks like both broke! I am not sure how that could have happened (or when) but coincidentally, I observed this after getting rear ended on Wednesday... though I can't imagine the impact was enough to shear those clips.

In any case - pics below of my broken one and how it's supposed to look. Any idea of what the part number is or where I can find replacements?

Thanks!!

1xxiqvS.jpg

EnlbDlp.jpg

vD4epMz.jpg

I looked at the online parts catalog but I couldn't find these clips in what I think would be the obvious place (Section 1750 - Wipers and Washers). As far as where to get them, the usual source would be Tesla Service. You can try submitting a message via the app and see what they say.

Not knowing what model you have, go to Parts Catalog for parts
I mean... I am posting in the Model 3 sub-forums...

I looked at the online parts catalog but I couldn't find these clips in what I think would be the obvious place (Section 1750 - Wipers and Washers). As far as where to get them, the usual source would be Tesla Service. You can try submitting a message via the app and see what they say.

Yeah - I ended up going that route; hopefully this isn't gonna be some stupid "buy the whole wiper arm" type of a thing.

Have the same issue here... It was raining today (in Phoenix?) and the washer hose was flopping all around on the right wiper arm. Online EPC shows them as part of the right wiper arm assembly (but not the left arm?).

Funny thing is, the wiper blades outlasted the clips! Yep, I still have not replaced the factory wiper blades - on my July 2018 LR RWD Model 3! They work great and wipe the windshield clean. I think it's because they almost fit up under the back edge of the hood when stowed.

I searched the internet with no luck on sourcing the clips. So... my daughter's boyfriend fired up the ol' 3D printer and viola, new clips! I had him make 3 clips even though it seems the right arm is the only one that has clips (2), now the left arm has one. Not exactly like factory, but better looking than a tywrap. You can bare see them now.

The white clip was the first test piece. He had to shrink the clip for the arm and enlarge the clip for the hose. It's crazy that it only took him like 20 minutes to design a new clip from scratch.

And.. I figured out why mine were broken. The last time the windshield was replaced they (not Tesla) must have broken them. Nothing was reassembled correctly. The right wiper hose was not in the clips inside the base of the arm and the hose was routed underneath the arm instead of above. The left wiper arm was not clocked correctly and was wiping the left A-Pillar at full extension. Then, two of the snap clips that hold the hose for the left arm near the base were open and the hose was flopping around. All fixed and wiper arms are properly indexed now.

I guess I need a 3D printer now.

New Model Y Performance Delivers Friday! WooHoo!

Attachments

• 20221228_212120.jpg
    20221228_212120.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 339
  • 20221228_213050.jpg
    20221228_213050.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 159
  • 20221228_214153.jpg
    20221228_214153.jpg
    816.9 KB · Views: 152
I searched the internet with no luck on sourcing the clips. So... my daughter's boyfriend fired up the ol' 3D printer and viola, new clips! I had him make 3 clips even though it seems the right arm is the only one that has clips (2), now the left arm has one.

The white clip was the first test piece. He had to shrink the clip for the arm and enlarge the clip for the hose. It's crazy that it only took him like 20 minutes to design a new clip from scratch.
If your daughter's boyfriend could share his final design file (.STL typically) on thingiverse.com, it might help others if/when they also lose these clips.

Reactions: android04
Have the same issue here... It was raining today (in Phoenix?) and the washer hose was flopping all around on the right wiper arm. Online EPC shows them as part of the right wiper arm assembly (but not the left arm?).

Funny thing is, the wiper blades outlasted the clips! Yep, I still have not replaced the factory wiper blades - on my July 2018 LR RWD Model 3! They work great and wipe the windshield clean. I think it's because they almost fit up under the back edge of the hood when stowed.

I searched the internet with no luck on sourcing the clips. So... my daughter's boyfriend fired up the ol' 3D printer and viola, new clips! I had him make 3 clips even though it seems the right arm is the only one that has clips (2), now the left arm has one. Not exactly like factory, but better looking than a tywrap. You can bare see them now.

And.. I figured out why mine were broken. The last time the windshield was replaced they (not Tesla) must have broken them. Nothing was reassembled correctly. The right wiper hose was not in the clips inside the base of the arm and the hose was routed underneath the arm instead of above. The left wiper arm was not clocked correctly and was wiping the left A-Pillar at full extension. Then, two of the snap clips that hold the hose for the left arm near the base were open and the hose was flopping around. All fixed and wiper arms are properly indexed now.

I guess I need a 3D printer now.

New Model Y Performance Delivers Friday! WooHoo!
is he interested in making a few bucks?I’ll buy

I'm in same boat. I just came back from service center and they can only fix it by replacing the whole arm assembly!! Amazing they cannot replace plastic clips that seems to be breaking after some time. Would love to gain access to the .stl file OR pay for the services or pay for the file. Very disappointed our only options currently are zip ties or arm replacements.

Same situation, I’m going have Tesla R&R the whole wiper arm, still under warranty. I suspect it is a part from Bosch found on multiple cars. Hope that helps.