Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger visor fell off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

talkingevs

GO AVS! 2022 CHAMPS!
Jan 28, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
My wife came out of work today to find the passenger visor just hanging by a wire. Has anyone else had this? The screw appears to have stripped itself as it won't go into the place where it's supposed to. Service is scheduled to come out Thursday.
IMG_20211019_220409.jpg

Mobile service came out with a new visor. Realized it doesn't need a new visor and instead needs a new rivet. Have to bring it into service center to complete but they are backed up until Thanksgiving right now. He stated he is surprised it stayed attached as long as it did

If its a standard aluminum rivet (I haven't seen it), they are easy to remove.
Take a 1/4-3/8 sharp drill bit, but it in the middle and drill until the ring comes loose.
If you stop right on time, you won't damage the underlying metal. Then re-rivet, you will need a riveting tool (gun).

So Tesla just sent an estimate for us to approve us paying $140!!! How do they feel a failed rivet is normal wear and tear and the customer should have to pay? This is the 2nd time they have pulled this (first with them refusing to repair our defective headrest) and we are growing tired of Tesla's customer service. Options? What have others done?

So Tesla just sent an estimate for us to approve us paying $140!!! How do they feel a failed rivet is normal wear and tear and the customer should have to pay? This is the 2nd time they have pulled this (first with them refusing to repair our defective headrest) and we are growing tired of Tesla's customer service. Options? What have others done?
I don't believe you will actually have to pay. They attach invoices for the amount to all upcoming repair appointments that have already been troubleshot. once complete, they zero out the amount owed and charge it to warranty. If communication wasn't so difficult, you'd be able to confirm. This is all assuming you're still under the full warranty.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ and rpiotro