Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paying for M3 with multiple bank transfers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm paying cash for my car (hopefully within the next month) and my bank limits the amount that can be transferred each day. So I will be transferring over several days. I intend to transfer a small amount first, then call Tesla to confirm it has been received. If that goes well I will transfer the remainder the following and subsequent days. Has anybody else done this, or plan to do it? What is the best Tesla number to call to confirm receipt of funds?
Also does the final invoice provide the sort code and account number that the funds should be sent to? Is your final Invoice number the reference you use when setting up the transfer?
I talked to tesla few weeks back with exact same query - they said full electronic funds transfer only in one lot.

I would go into the bank and initiate a BACS payment. IIRC there is no limit but usually a charge of 15>20 pounds. Sounds like you are using 'faster payments' which there is usually a 20k limit on. Frankly, for me, it's not worth the hassle or worry of one of the payments going missing... I will be going into my bank (with photo is and proof of address..)

I actually meant CHAPS rather than BACS (... too many acronyms ...). Last one I made in the bank they asked for the destination bank address and account details. They then checked on the system it was legit. Whilst I would be in no doubt that they try and wriggle out of it if there was a problem, I would still happier them doing it rather than a chance of me fat fingering an account/sort code late at night online...

I have since looked into it and my bank, Santander, allows faster payments upto 100k, so I may try and get the bank to use that and save the 18 quid (or whatever the CHAPs charge is..)