Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Payment for home delivery question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have delivery scheduled for this Friday at 12-4. Do I have to pay the downpayment portion (the remainder minus the loan) before they bring the car? I don't want to mess up delivery, but I'd also like to see the vehicle first or do I not have a choice but to pay first?

I have delivery scheduled for this Friday at 12-4. Do I have to pay the downpayment portion (the remainder minus the loan) before they bring the car? I don't want to mess up delivery, but I'd also like to see the vehicle first or do I not have a choice but to pay first?
Pretty sure you have to pay before they go to your house. At least that's what they did during our delivery. Also, I would listen to jjrandorin's suggestion. If you are able to make it down to inspect the car at the Tesla center that is hosting your delivery, I would take that option. Just text back to the Tesla sales advisor that likely informed you of the delivery date that you want to pick it up instead.

Personally, I tried doing that and they told me no, lol. I didn't know much about the Tesla process before so I wasn't being pushy about it but am definitely sharing what I wish I should have done to those that are currently going through the process.

Once you pay (before they will deliver it) you are pretty much stuck as you must sign
for it before they leave. Much better to pick it up yourself (as I did) before forking over payment.
If it is delivered and you decide to reject it for some reason, it will take some time for you
to get your $$ back.

I was not offered a chance for home delivery in MD so I have a friend taking me down to pick it up next week. Frankly I find that a bit of a nuisance but it will allow me to get any anomalies on the record. I’ve head that they don’t allow u to see the interior or drive the car just view the outside. Is that true of just another goofy rumour?