Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PCP advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have ordered the 75D Model S

Congratulations, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. The Tesla PCP is not cheap at the moment, and the rates goes up and down depending on whether they are trying to stimulate demand.

There's nothing to stop you getting alternative quotes now, and although you might get a better interest rate you may find the GMFV is not as optimistic as the one Tesla quote - with the knock on effect of higher monthly payments.

Just checked, because Tesla were offering lower PCP on 100, which made payments about the same ... but sadly not any more, all are same 5.4%

They really ought to remove the NEDC range from the BUY ONE page ... its a complete fabrication compare to reality. WLTP would be fine, and what other EVs are showing now, so no longer a disadvantage NOT to show NEDC.

Just checked, because Tesla were offering lower PCP on 100, which made payments about the same ... but sadly not any more, all are same 5.4%

They really ought to remove the NEDC range from the BUY ONE page ... its a complete fabrication compare to reality. WLTP would be fine, and what other EVs are showing now, so no longer a disadvantage NOT to show NEDC.

Maybe the Tesla hasn't yet been tested on the newer WLTP cycle? Obviously newer models will be, but not sure how it works retrospectively. It's not like it's anything to do with Tesla themselves, just an industry test standard.

It's not like it's anything to do with Tesla themselves, just an industry test standard.

Agreed, although I think the test is actually undertaken by the Manufacturer, and then submitted to authorities (and as I understand it the figure is not checked - unless suspicious or somesuch I suppose)

I can't see any upside for Tesla purporting that its cars have a rage 50% higher than actual ...

Agreed, although I think the test is actually undertaken by the Manufacturer, and then submitted to authorities (and as I understand it the figure is not checked - unless suspicious or somesuch I suppose)

I can't see any upside for Tesla purporting that its cars have a rage 50% higher than actual ...

But also not a lot of incentive for Tesla spending money on re-testing existing models if there is no legal requirement to do so. But I agree it is very misleading and not very good for their credibility when they have to explain that real world range is much lower.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Yeah the rates are mental the way they change them so often but I still think are decent I ordered in April and got 2.5 but the week after I ordered it went to 3% then racked up every other week.

My last car I got on PCP was something like 6 or 7% it’s good you ordered, welcome aboard! I suspect it will only go up further before it comes down again.

Yeah the rates are mental the way they change them so often but I still think are decent I ordered in April and got 2.5 but the week after I ordered it went to 3% then racked up every other week.

My last car I got on PCP was something like 6 or 7% it’s good you ordered, welcome aboard! I suspect it will only go up further before it comes down again.

Thank you for your post. If they rates go down before I collect my car (March 2019), will they offer me the lower rate?

Thank you for your post. If they rates go down before I collect my car (March 2019), will they offer me the lower rate?

I would think so as there is nothing to stop you re-applying for finance before taking delivery. If the rates go up they do honour the rate at which you ordered. Same goes for list price and any reductions are passed on too. It's pretty good in that respect

I would think so as there is nothing to stop you re-applying for finance before taking delivery. If the rates go up they do honour the rate at which you ordered. Same goes for list price and any reductions are passed on too. It's pretty good in that respect
Thank you......I must admit, this is the first time when getting a new car, I havent felt i was being ripped off!

Reactions: Terry_B58
As mentioned above I would think so... your pcp once approved is normally only valid for 3 months. I actually applied for finance in March before I placed the order “just to make sure I had it secured before putting 4K down I then had a crisis “don’t buy it it’s too expensive”

Then I ordered in April and took delivery in September, I had a long wait and my pcp had expired but they said upfront this would happen and not be an issue as they would just renew at same rate nearer to collection but if the rate is less then why wouldn’t you benefit from it...

You’ll love the car, my only issue now is I cannot stop driving it, two months old and 2.5k miles drives at this rate my 10k/year is gonna be an issue :)

• Informative
Reactions: Peteski
As mentioned above I would think so... your pcp once approved is normally only valid for 3 months. I actually applied for finance in March before I placed the order “just to make sure I had it secured before putting 4K down I then had a crisis “don’t buy it it’s too expensive”

Then I ordered in April and took delivery in September, I had a long wait and my pcp had expired but they said upfront this would happen and not be an issue as they would just renew at same rate nearer to collection but if the rate is less then why wouldn’t you benefit from it...

You’ll love the car, my only issue now is I cannot stop driving it, two months old and 2.5k miles drives at this rate my 10k/year is gonna be an issue :)

This fits in with my experience too. I ordered my car in September 2017 for a deferred 6 months delivery. The only reason I ordered in September was to fix the very low PCP finance rate, which was then known to be going up from October. But when I saw that the finance offer expired in December I was worried that it would go up when my car was eventually delivered. But no, they still honoured the original finance rate from when I ordered. I was most impressed with them and their advice to fix the finance earlier. It will save me a lot of money over the 4 year PCP.