Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PCS problem (power conversion system)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife just bought a used Tesla 2019 model , after a week she has a charging problem , it says PCs a078 vehicles systems over temperature limit. It keeps disconnecting the power while charging on her 13a 240v 3 pin outlet (uk)

It’s booked in for inspection , but I have a feeling it’s not covered by Tesla warranty, I just hope the car dealer will help as it’s under a 3 month warranty with them .

Has anyone else has this issue ? Seems like it does pop up a lot in forums

Appreciate your time to reply .

The new car warranty is 4 years 50k miles, so its unlikely a 2019 vehicle is still under manufacturer warranty, and PCS issues are not covered under the battery or drive train warranty.

You should be prepared to try to execute on whatever "dealer 3 month warranty" you mentioned you have.

I’m going to try charging it using a Tesla charger at their site , maybe the power converter still works with DC . So at least she has a car to use until it can be inspected . If not then I just hope the company will supply a car for her and pay the bill . It’s only got 12k miles in it . I think she has just bought someone else’s problem .