Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pearl White Loaded 2014 P85D 38k miles - $70k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great condition, no accident history.
Love the car, I'm just trading it in for a new Model 3 I'm about to take delivery of next month as I'm a long term TSLA investor and want to own/drive the Model 3 for a while to confirm my long term investment thesis/horizon. Otherwise, there is no way I would be selling this car. Trade in offer from Tesla was no ideal (low 60s) so I am seeing what others will offer on here to make it worth my while minus the sales tax advantage of trading it in, ideally would like around $70k.

VIN is in 65xxx

85 kWh Performance Model S
Dual Motor All Wheel Drive
Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof -
19" Wheels -
Tan Next Generation Seats -
Obeche Wood Gloss Décor -
Alcantara Headliner -
Tesla Red Brake Calipers -
Supercharger Enabled For Life -
Autopilot Hardware -
Tech Package with Autopilot -
Smart Air Suspension
-
Premium Interior Package -
Ultra High Fidelity Sound -
Subzero Weather Package -
Rear Facing Seats

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I Am Interested. A few questions. Where are you located? When does the warranty run out? Have you or are you willing to purchase the extended warranty? Do you have a car fax?

Kevon 408 667 2311?

QUOTE="TSLAopt2, post: 2484124, member: 53407"]Great condition, no accident history.
Love the car, I'm just trading it in for a new Model 3 I'm about to take delivery of next month as I'm a long term TSLA investor and want to own/drive the Model 3 for a while to confirm my long term investment thesis/horizon. Otherwise, there is no way I would be selling this car. Trade in offer from Tesla was no ideal (low 60s) so I am seeing what others will offer on here to make it worth my while minus the sales tax advantage of trading it in, ideally would like around $70k.

VIN is in 65xxx

85 kWh Performance Model S
Dual Motor All Wheel Drive
Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof -
19" Wheels -
Tan Next Generation Seats -
Obeche Wood Gloss Décor -
Alcantara Headliner -
Tesla Red Brake Calipers -
Supercharger Enabled For Life -
Autopilot Hardware -
Tech Package with Autopilot -
Smart Air Suspension
-
Premium Interior Package -
Ultra High Fidelity Sound -
Subzero Weather Package -
Rear Facing Seats[/QUOTE]

Not sold yet.
I bought this one pre-owned from Tesla in July 2015 (there was less than 10k miles on it then but i forget the exact number, could have been less than 5k) when I traded in my 2013 S60.

I'm a busy guy as I'm sure most of us are and just don't have a lot of time to field tons of questions or go through a lot of trouble speaking to people who are extremely picky. This would be a better deal than buying from a dealer/Tesla/most sellers but its hard to trust a stranger (me) and so perhaps paying up for that extra middleman's reputation is worth it in both our cases (not sure I want to sell to someone who's a scam artist and whoever's buying it is taking a risk that I'm not some scam artist).

Therefore, I will likely just bite the bullet and trade it in (don't I get a tax advantage too for not paying sales tax on the Model 3 then? vs. selling it privately then buying a Model 3 I'd have to pay Model 3 sales tax i believe, right? still trying to confirm that) or bring it to CarMax to sell a week from now. I got it washed and took a bunch of pictures in preparation of above and will post some of those pics here.

I live in the SF Bay Area and am traveling for a few days starting tomorrow, but if someone wants to PM me then I can answer a couple basic questions and can arrange a time for them to come check it out if they'd like to act quick and pay up to $69k as that is my firm price I've decided to negotiate down to if I was to sell it this way.

Attachments

• IMG_1172.JPG
    IMG_1172.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1186.JPG
    IMG_1186.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1196.JPG
    IMG_1196.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1197.JPG
    IMG_1197.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1198.JPG
    IMG_1198.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1202.JPG
    IMG_1202.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1207.JPG
    IMG_1207.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1210.JPG
    IMG_1210.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 125
Possibly. However he just told me that with me living in Dallas the sale would be too complicated.

Oh well. GLWS At that price it should sell fast.
I can understand his situation. Doesn’t want added layer of complexity of shipping car. Plus he lives in the SF Bay Area so it’s big enough local market to sell locally. I’ll probably put my P85 on the market soon and will probably sell it locally as well since I live in SoCal and it’s a large enough local market here as well.

OK, just confirmed with Tesla that if I sell it privately it comes with what's left of the 8 year unlimited mileage warranty (was sold to me in July 2015)

Also paid off the rest of my auto-loan and will get the title within 1-2 weeks which is when I plan to take delivery of my 3 and to actually sell this Model S to someone on here privately or to CarMax. Registration is in good order and also just put in new batteries to both key fobs so it will be all ready to go.

I am not opposed to selling out of state but would prefer a local buyer.

My 3 is ready and trying to take delivery of it this week and would really like to move my S.

If someone serious and looking to buy wants to come check it out and test drive it Tuesday or Wednesday then I'm game. I live in Marin County but work in Petaluma (Sonoma county) so PM me if interested.

Update: I'm told it has 8 year unlimited mile warranty that comes with whoever buys it (will last until Nov 2022)

Update: I'm told it has 8 year unlimited mile warranty that comes with whoever buys it (will last until Nov 2022)

That sounds like the battery warranty. The rest of the car has the remaining CPO warranty from when you bought it. If that was the 4 year 50K miles flavor then it now has till July 2019 with the remainder of 55K or 60K Odometer limit depending on what you actually bought it at.

Ok, carmax was no good... $66k is final offer if anyone privately wants to come buy it tomorrow or first thing Wednesday then PM me, otherwise I trade it into Tesla Wednesday
I try and tell people all the time to stay far, far away from CarMax. I've dealt with them on multiple occassions and so have friends and family and they offer nothing more than a complete lowball offer. And here we thought individual CL offers were bad :rolleyes: