Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pearl White Paint Correction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my White Model Y in June and at pickup I didn't notice that the passenger side rear door white did not match the rest of the car (or maybe it's the passenger door as something is not matching). But once I noticed it, it's all I can see now and it's bugging me . So I'm trying to figure out if you can get one or two doors repainted and will it match the rest of the car. From what I read online some say you need to get the whole car repainted as Pearl White is really hard to match while others say that a good body shop should be able to blend it in. Has anyone had part of their Pearl White Tesla repainted and if so did it fix the issue?

My Pearl White passenger front door was repainted due to a dent at the time of purchase. The match was very good. Possibly having a shop utilized by your SC do it will increase the probability of success, as they will have worked with this very color many times already, know the settings and have hopefully optimized their technique.

My Pearl White passenger front door was repainted due to a dent at the time of purchase. The match was very good. Possibly having a shop utilized by your SC do it will increase the probability of success, as they will have worked with this very color many times already, know the settings and have hopefully optimized their technique.

Thanks. I've reached out to a local Tesla approved center to see what they say and ask for some ballpark pricing to repaint at least one of the rear doors. I'm just worried they will over promise to get the sale and appreciate hearing real world results