Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Peking to Paris - the Green Class

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To all Tesla drivers in search of adventure. In 1907 four cars succeeded in driving from PEKING TO PARIS[/B]. They stunned the world. Mass production followed. They'd launched the Age of the Motor Car. Now, in 2010 from September 10th to October 16th there's going to be another Peking to Paris with eighty classic cars and we've organized a GREEN CLASS to run beside them. Enter your Tesla, come with us and launch the Green Car Era. Full details, with logistcs etc are at, From Jack Pizzey (Green Class Director).

Last edited:
Peking to paris

The route, in September-October 2010, will be mainly on country roads and through towns (eg Ulan Bataar and Samarkand), but occasionaly we'll be off-road. In 1907 there were no filling stations so the four cars that made it from Peking-to-Paris used fuel-dumps. In the more recent Peking-to-Paris drives we've taken road-tankers to fuel the cars. Next year, with electric cars joining them, we'll have generator trucks as well. . . . Owning a Tesla marks you out as posessing vision and resources so we hope to see quite a few of you on the Peking to Paris next year. The Greatest Green Race explains and includes a film. Jack Pizzey, Green Class Director.

Peking to paris

The aim is to get major manufacturers to enter cars and pay entry fees which will cover generator trucks etc. Then Tesla owners could enter privately, as all the 80 classic cars already have, and pay the rally organiser - the Endurance Rally Association, see The Greatest Green Race , - the standard entry fee which is about £30k. That covers shipping, accommodation and food, some mechanical back-up, marshalls, payments to governments of some countries we'll cross etc. Tesla itself is not entering cars so it's up to Tesla owners to put the car on the map and launch the Age of the Electric Car. Jack Pizzey, Green Class Director.

Peking to paris

So far not a single Tesla owner has taken up the challenge of the PEKING TO PARIS. See The Greatest Green Race Come on guys! You have the car, you have the funds, you have the guts. All you need is the time - six weeks next year from Sept 10 to October 16 for the adventure of a lifetime. Jack Pizzey, Green Class Director.

I can't help but wonder how "green" the green class will be considering that mobile generators will be used to recharge the car batteries... Those generators will have to be trucked to various point along the route. I hope all these support vehicles will run on 100% bio diesel...

Greetings,
David

So far not a single Tesla owner has taken up the challenge of the PEKING TO PARIS. See The Greatest Green Race Come on guys! You have the car, you have the funds, you have the guts. All you need is the time - six weeks next year from Sept 10 to October 16 for the adventure of a lifetime. Jack Pizzey, Green Class Director.

I'm game, I've got the car, I have the guts (or am I nuts?), I'll make the time. Anyone out there want to put up the entry fee? A mere 30k pounds.