Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zero Race 2010

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RGB

eRaca
May 14, 2009
Guys,

I've been a part of this community for quite a while now and been able to gather interesting and valuable information and also contribute from time to time as well.

This forum has become one of my main sources when it comes to electric mobility and related topics. With this now I hope I can wow and inspire you as well as summon up some support from you guys.

We've all been reading about or following events like the TM Roadster Road Trip, the RenewAmericaRoadtrip or Peking to Paris for instance.
Today I would like to introduce you to the Zero Race. In a nutshell, the Zero Race is a race around the world with solely electric powered vehicles. The aim is to make it in 80 days. A classic. ;)
Initiator and organizer of the Zero Race is Solartaxi legend Louis Palmer who, in 2008, was the first person to ever drive a solar powered car around the world.

I myself will be among the idiots who signed up to take part in this adventure. I will be taking part with my Roadster and we will all find out what it is made of. The second Roadster (#700) going on this trip belongs to Forum Member Lennart.

I'd be happy if you're interested enough to follow along, give input and support. Please see below for all the links.

First off, I would like to ask for your input in a very important matter. As it is at the moment Tesla Motors doesn't seem very interested in supporting us. I'm therefore looking for a mechanic who knows how to fix a Roadster. If you are a former Tesla employee or have been working on a Roadster before and can see yourself going around the world starting June 2010 please PM me. Or use the contact form on my website.

Anyways, I'll keep you guys posted on what's going on and hope you stay tuned to one of my websites. Any kind of support is appreciated.

Thanks,

RGB aka eRaca ;)

Links:

The Race:
Zero Emissions race - Zero Emissions Race

My website:
eRaca - e-Racing Around the World

eRaca on facebook:
http://de-de.fbjs.facebook.com/pages/eRaca/223528420798

Rock'e'Roll around the World

:)

Quite a while ago I posted the above message about my participation in the Zero Race. IF anyonye was following you might have noticed that I withdrew a while ago due to the way the organization and preparation was handled. I did however keep my alter ego "eRaca". I figure even if I'm not going around the world I might as well still try to get the message out. So, eRaca is still alive and will over time participate in all kinds of different events to promote electric mobility.

Anyway, to cut a long story short the new eRaca website is up an running. So far - sorry about that - it's only the German version. English will follow soon though. Even though not every one here will understand all the words on there you might enjoy the pics though. We just went out for a shoot a couple days ago and some of the pics turned out really well!

Check it out: www.e-raca.com

:)