Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance tires and brakes wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, new around here.

After last week price drop, the M3P is just about 3500€ more than M3 Awd with 19" wheels.

In here (Europe), I can't find anything about the differences between maintenance, tire and brake wear.

Should I expected much shorter tire life if both driven the same way? Some say that Performed wear tires a lot faster than Awd.
How long you M3P tires last?

And brake pads ( when needed, I know that they can last a lot), it should be a lot expensive in Performance model?

I like the rear spoiler, the smaller ride height, the looks of the 20" and can live with the little smaller range, but if it turns to be a lot expensive, the Awd will be a smarter buy for me.

Thanks

the tires will likely wear faster (you can always replace them with lower performing, longer life, tires after the first time of course)

But unless you plan to race the car on a track you're not going to go through brake pads often enough to care about that... many Tesla owners go over 100k miles on the original pads since regen is doing most of the braking in normal driving.

the tires will likely wear faster (you can always replace them with lower performing, longer life, tires after the first time of course)

But unless you plan to race the car on a track you're not going to go through brake pads often enough to care about that... many Tesla owners go over 100k miles on the original pads since regen is doing most of the braking in normal driving.

Thanks for your reply.

There weren't a issue with model S Brake Rotor that, because the brakes aren't used a lot, they fail and have to be replaced several times? They fixed that in Tm3 already?