Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like they are getting ready to offer Tesla insurance!
Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 1.19.08 PM.png

I may as well add myself to the chorus of orders that are unfulfilled, have no VIN, and no update from their terrible customer service.

8/5 order of a MSM/Black Performance. If I hadnt already had a Wall Connector installed and mats, etc. delivered I'd probably be asking for my money back and buying a BMW.

Very poor initial customer experience with Tesla. My emails to their customer service go into a dark void.

I may as well add myself to the chorus of orders that are unfulfilled, have no VIN, and no update from their terrible customer service.

8/5 order of a MSM/Black Performance. If I hadnt already had a Wall Connector installed and mats, etc. delivered I'd probably be asking for my money back and buying a BMW.

Very poor initial customer experience with Tesla. My emails to their customer service go into a dark void.

I've bought two custom order BMWs in the past, they take a LOT longer than a few weeks. Both took about 4 months from order to delivery actually.

But you won’t.
You’re like all of us.
Estimated Delivery: within 2 weeks from order placed date
I am pretty sure it says estimated!
I ordered mine the same day.

WelcomeToThePartyPal.gif

I guess I'm seasoned from waiting on Google Nexus phones and other cutting edge stuff. The car will be worth the wait; its why you are here.

But you won’t.
You’re like all of us.
Estimated Delivery: within 2 weeks from order placed date
I am pretty sure it says estimated!
I ordered mine the same day.

I won't because I do want the car. I'm also into this thing a couple thousand dollars with the Wall Connector, install, mats, wireless charging mat, etc. Also, it does say estimated but their communication could be light years better. It's a sixty thousand dollar car, dude.

I won't because I do want the car. I'm also into this thing a couple thousand dollars with the Wall Connector, install, mats, wireless charging mat, etc. Also, it does say estimated but their communication could be light years better. It's a sixty thousand dollar car, dude.
Like I said you won’t.
I think I waited 6 months for my focus RS.
Charging mat? What’s that? I didn’t know this car would do that.

I 100% agree with you.... same thing about the wall connector and mats lol... not for nothing but people paying for the performance models should get some degree of service... and then we still have to bring our cars back in to the service center to install a garage door opener which comes standard in probably every other vehicle at this price point. This service is Ludicrous.

Hahaha, clown.
What?
It’s a popular car and sold out. I don’t really understand why people aren’t getting this.
When I ordered mine on aug 5 I was told to realistically expect 1 month.
I would say if you really are paying attention to this thread it looks like the next batch is being made right now.
Also would say the average wait is about 6 weeks till you own it.

Since I have nothing better to do while I wait.. I did a quick pivot using the Tesla 3 delivery survey data for Performance 3's to see an average of wait time is days from order to VIN assignment.

Appears Aug 5th orders were the last P3Ds delivering around now.

I removed the 0-7 day data points as I assumed those weren't built to order but matched existing inventory? And also note these are based orders as early as July 9th so it doesn't account for pause in US orders for EU.

Avg wait time from order to VIN assignment in CA - 12.3 days
Avg wait time from order to VIN assignment outside CA - 11.8 days

So maybe 2 weeks was a reasonable estimate before EU production batch. Probably hard coded as "2 weeks" vs something dynamic or something someone bothers to update