Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got mine M3P!! Only found one flaw which was the misalignment on the trunk area.
EE23E0BF-8F52-4C64-BA0A-8F2E7928C9AA.jpeg

Hopefully I don't take this too off topic - just looking for commentary from a few people who are taking delivery of their performance 3. Is there a reason you didn't pay a little bit extra to get a Y performance? Bigger, less wind noise, heat pump, BUT, its not a driver's car. I'm assuming all of you performance 3 people want the DRIVER's car? I've owned two model 3's now, but currently don't own one... was focused on getting a performance Y, but really don't need the space... and I think the 3 is likely the much more "fun" to drive vehicle. Have recently thought about saving money and getting a white on white performance 3 like I always wanted. Been hanging out in the Y forum so much, I'm just curious why people are ordering a 3 performance. Thanks!

... Bigger, less wind noise, heat pump,...
What are three things a Model 3 Performance buyer doesn’t think about when getting the car, Alex?

J/K :D

A Model 3 isn’t exactly what I was looking for. Growing up I was into RC cars and I gravitated towards electrics as opposed to gas cars. When I got older and into real cars, I gravitated towards Mustangs for the ‘cheap speed’ and styling (2 door, 2+2). Fast forward 25 years (uhh), the itch of going electric was starting to bug me. Not just any electric (ie Bolt, Prius, etc won’t do), but a [relatively] inexpensive, sporty EV. Closest thing to (somewhat) relieve the itch is a Model 3 Performance. I would still prefer a sportier, 2-door, 2+2 variant EV though.