Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just signed up for my account after lurking for the past week plus. Ordered 10/16/19, White/black/FSD.

Just got a cold call from the Buena Park DC, and was told to expect my car within the next 3-14 days.

It’s about to get popping in CA!

Just checked source code for a VIN at work, look what I found!
707F606A-8DA2-424D-8361-EC5A82A2064C.jpeg

Just signed up for my account after lurking for the past week plus. Ordered 10/16/19, White/black/FSD.

Just got a cold call from the Buena Park DC, and was told to expect my car within the next 3-14 days.

It’s about to get popping in CA!

Sounds in line with what my delivery center is saying. They're saying they're expecting my car to show up next week at the delivery center.

yeah.. i don't know how he found that vin, but he's in inspect mode inside some javascript file called insurancecard.js lol

Yeah. My basic computer instincts for code say that line is for checking insurance and using VIN 5YJ********** to get a quote using the "Get a Tesla Insurance Quote". That button must call the VIN to be automatically entered into the VIN field for the quote.

Reactions: skydreamerjae
yeah i don't think that's the real stuff. that's a javascript file declaring the necessary variables to be overridden later on. policy = "0000-0000" and vin = "5yj*****"? it's going to replace the asterisks with the real values and the policy will also get assigned a real value. but that's later on. a very unorthadox method to go into console debugger rather than view page source( in the case of VIN searching on Tesla.com)

Reactions: puppers
for anyone that has their MVPA thus far and hasn't made a payment.. does the MVPA show an owing balance? I have not paid anything other than my 2500 deposit. I am also processing a trade in. I plan to finance the rest, which comes out to 42k and some change. My MVPA shows nothing owing (haven't paid that yet). I also emailed my Inside Delivery Advisor (direct ship) yesterday asking about final payment after I got my VIN, and he said "i show you dont owe anything and that you are processing a trade in. would you like me to cancel the trade in?" Don't know what this guy is smoking, but number 1, the trade is part of the MVPA amount, and 2, I havent paid anything.. if they want to just give me the car without the ACH transfer, I am game :)

How long before delivery did mvpa appear in tesla account?

VIN in source over a week ago but never appeared on page yet and delivery date and time showed on acct last last week but still no mvpa documents.

scheduled to pick up on 21st.

VIN Assigned: 12/1.
MVPA: 12/6

So I have a scheduled delivery date of 12/17, so I thought okay. That gives me time to finish up the financing since the MVPA finally came in last Friday. I called the Tesla line today to ask a couple of things since I'm in Texas. I found out my car has been a few miles away waiting on me to finish up with sending them the money. I kind of just laughed that in the end, they're having to wait on me. I thought I would share to anybody else that is trying to get their car as quickly as possible. You might want to call and find out where the car is even with a delivery date assigned.

Reactions: aledesma and IDag