Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Personal prediction: Elon will make a trip to the ISS in a Crew Dragon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

A personal prediction: I think that Elon will make a round trip to the ISS in a Crew Dragon by 2020.
We know he wants to go to Mars. But that is a ways off. In the meantime, once the Crew Dragon is regularly taking astronauts to the ISS, why not make a first trip into space on a SpaceX vehicle, stay a few weeks, and then come back home? He can afford to pay for the trip and it will give him some space experience before making the huge commitment that journeying to Mars will require.

Trying not to pat myself on the back too heartily at the moment, but Elon was interviewed in Hong Kong yesterday and he stated that in 4 to 5 years he would like to go to the ISS. First time I've heard him say that. So basically I nailed it. :) Interview is here Elon Musk on Tesla in Hong Kong and China (2016.1.26) - YouTube He also said he has done the parabolic flights that let people experience weightlessness, the famous "vomit comet" flights Reduced gravity aircraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A personal prediction: I think that Elon will make a round trip to the ISS in a Crew Dragon by 2020.
We know he wants to go to Mars. But that is a ways off. In the meantime, once the Crew Dragon is regularly taking astronauts to the ISS, why not make a first trip into space on a SpaceX vehicle, stay a few weeks, and then come back home? He can afford to pay for the trip and it will give him some space experience before making the huge commitment that journeying to Mars will require.