Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PG&E true up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I received the PTO for my two Powerwalls on April 15th. PG&E then closed my E-6 rate and closed my true up at the same time. I thought you might be interested in the credit I received for surplus generation, as follows...

Total NEM charges before taxes = - $112.15
delivery charge = 73.59
Credit for net surplus generation compensation = -$ 6.43

-179.142 kWh @ .03590/kWh = -$ 6.43

They haven't updated their website yet so I do not know what my new rate will be. As of today no contact from them as to the new rate.

Just received my first true up with Powerwalls a few weeks ago. $7 + $135 in NBC. Better than 90% of car charging done at home.

Woohoo!

PG&E EV-A rate
4.1 kW solar
2 Powerwalls
Model S90D

If I'd needed validation for my decisions getting here I would have it now. Several folks in the neighborhood are showing some interest with this annual cost information and the strong potential for PG&E to cut our power at some point(s) this summer.

I've had 16 outages totaling 11 hours in the last year. None of them were related to fire activity or prevention. Future outages will just compound the value of our Powerwall system.
My solar is marginally larger than yours, but we still pay about $700/year while charging 2 EVs on PG&E EV-A without NBCs because my solar was installed in 2012.

Reactions: Bigtanuki
Within the first 5 weeks after installation we racked up a total of 37 backup hours in 5 PG&E planned (fire prevention) and unplanned (PG&E equipment failure) outages. The longest single outage so far has been 17.5 hours. The future is bleak (but a bit brighter with Powerwall).

So I received the PTO for my two Powerwalls on April 15th. PG&E then closed my E-6 rate and closed my true up at the same time. I thought you might be interested in the credit I received for surplus generation, as follows...

Total NEM charges before taxes = - $112.15
delivery charge = 73.59
Credit for net surplus generation compensation = -$ 6.43

-179.142 kWh @ .03590/kWh = -$ 6.43

They haven't updated their website yet so I do not know what my new rate will be. As of today no contact from them as to the new rate.

Wait, I just added 3 Powerwalls and I'm waiting for the PTO. I'm currently on E6, but will I be forced off of that grandfathered rate plan? I'm in the South Bay Area with PG&E.

Wait, I just added 3 Powerwalls and I'm waiting for the PTO. I'm currently on E6, but will I be forced off of that grandfathered rate plan? I'm in the South Bay Area with PG&E.
You should be staying on E-6. i installed 2 powerwalls last spring and stayed on E-6. You are not increasing the solar generation with the powerwalls so you should be able to stay on E-6. PGE did end my true up early and started a new one.