Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone and connectivity problems after 2022.45.15 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since receiving this update I have noticed several issues involving data connectivity and my Iphone 14. There is almost always a delay before the phone connects with the car and often it takes several minutes. I am also receiving "no connectivity" messages from navigation, even though I have full bars. Even worse on several occasions when I try to hang up after a call, I can't, and the entire audio section freezes. Can't hang up can't play music. Only solution to get rid of it is a reboot - very irritating while driving.

Am I alone here or has any one else had these issues?

I don't doubt it, but the delay was talked about on a FB group and was almost exclusively Apple users.

It's ok, Android users get phantom text if they have any sort of third-party text application.
Yea I just saw that delay issue in a post from last year... what is really bad is when I can't hang up without rebooting. The phone actually does hang up but the car UI freezes.

I have the same issue. I am using a iPhone 14 Pro Max and it doesn't connect to my model 3 Tesla. Sometimes it connects several minutes after driving but I have just started connecting before I take off. This also affects my Apple Music (don't get me started on this problem) in which I need to do a soft reboot of the screen while I am driving.

Although I'm subscribed to "Premium Connectivity", it stopped connecting with the previous update and 2023.7.10 didn't fix it. And broke a bunch of stuff that had been fixed in previous updates. I average around 4 disengagements per mile, with bursts of 20 per mile. And the steering wheel nags are back today, every 15 seconds or so. It was better on a cloudy day, the sun light seems to interfere with that and lane keeping. Did 20 or 30 disengagement reports today. I think I'll start trying to make them entertaining?