Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Call Controls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I looked for phone call controls in the user manual, and strangely, could not find it? I have various questions, but will start with one?

While driving, a phone call ended, one wants to hang up. I know one can do that by pressing the red hangup icon on the touch screen. However, is there another way to hang up, without having to touch the icon on the touch screen? For instance, with one of the controls on the steering wheel?

2021 Model 3

TIA

You can use the left scroll wheel

In Call Options​

When a call is in progress, the call menu displays on the touchscreen. Roll the right scroll button to choose an option. To adjust the call volume, roll the left scroll button during a call.

Also see

Reactions: maiki
I looked for phone call controls in the user manual, and strangely, could not find it? I have various questions, but will start with one?

While driving, a phone call ended, one wants to hang up. I know one can do that by pressing the red hangup icon on the touch screen. However, is there another way to hang up, without having to touch the icon on the touch screen? For instance, with one of the controls on the steering wheel?

2021 Model 3

TIA
Mute and hangup functions added to left scroll wheel in software update to 2023.12.5 or 2023.12.6 recently. While in call, left wheel up/down adjusts volume as before. Right press hangs up call. Depress wheel mutes microphone.

Mute and hangup functions added to left scroll wheel in software update to 2023.12.5 or 2023.12.6 recently. While in call, left wheel up/down adjusts volume as before. Right press hangs up call. Depress wheel mutes microphone.
Thank you for the info. However, today when done with a call while driving, I pushed the right steering wheel button to hang up. Didn't work. I still found that the only way I could hang up was to press the red hang up icon on the touch screen. I would find it much more convenient to be able to hang up the call from the steering wheel controls. What might I have done wrong? (2021 Model 3 SR, all the newest updates)

BTW, what is the "depress wheel"?

Everyone doesn't have the same latest update. For instance, my car yesterday just got 2023.7.10, which is for those of us with the FSD beta. Not sure if I have the ability to change the function of the scroll wheel, as I haven't looked into it and the release notes don't say anything about it.

Thank you for the info. However, today when done with a call while driving, I pushed the right steering wheel button to hang up. Didn't work. I still found that the only way I could hang up was to press the red hang up icon on the touch screen. I would find it much more convenient to be able to hang up the call from the steering wheel controls. What might I have done wrong? (2021 Model 3 SR, all the newest updates)

I think to hang up a call, it's the left wheel... And it's not press, but to hang up it's actually click it to the right... Again, to hang up it's the left wheel button, and click to the right

If you have he update, it is the LEFT wheel, which when pushed to the right will terminate the call. Rolling the left wheel will also change the volume. You can also mute your mic by left clicking I believe.

Everyone doesn't have the same latest update. For instance, my car yesterday just got 2023.7.10, which is for those of us with the FSD beta. Not sure if I have the ability to change the function of the scroll wheel, as I haven't looked into it and the release notes don't say anything about it.
If it is not in the release notes, it is a pretty sure bet you don't have the function yet. As I eschew FSD, I can't comment on that release trail.