Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone car mount for the Tesla S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A0929EF5-C3A7-4128-8773-C1D8C4279FEA.jpeg
I use pro clip

Tons of threads on this, I use ProClip like that one on my X, keeps my iPhone right close to hand (eye?) and will be easily removable later if/when we sell the car. Proclipusa.com

Their Model 3 mount isn’t as great since there’s no dash to really clip onto. They have various mount styles for phones with cables, cases, etc. I got an adjustable one so I don’t need to get a new one each year when the iPhone changes a few millimeters. :D

Reactions: P85_DA
  • Love
Reactions: buttershrimp
I am using this: https://www.amazon.com/iOttie-Dashboard-Windshield-Samsung-Smartphone/dp/B076B27WP6

it is attached to the small fixed window on the driver's door. They also make a model with wireless charging too. Though I'm right-handed, it still works well for me. You can attach/detach while the door is open, super easy to use.
You sir... win the award for the correct answer.... exactly the same setup.... exact same install location.... it's perfection. I stopped someone in best buy to tell them to buy it.... and they looked at me strange. well, their loss! iottie is the best.

I love this setup. It is simple and does not require permanently sticking anything to the car. The cradle is made by dodocool and has wireless charging built into it. I just find the charge rate slow if you are driving with the phone screen on, like when using Waze.

Attachments

• EBB31809-DD2B-431F-BAFD-EB679151948D.jpeg
    EBB31809-DD2B-431F-BAFD-EB679151948D.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 180
Just curious, would you folks recommend anything to hold the iphone to record videos of the inside of the car while driving? Meaning myself and passengers...

I saw the abstract ocean slimline but don't think I can angle it right to record. Ideally I would like to mount it on the driver's side in the corner somewhere, and angle it to get everyone in the shot.