Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model 3 is out in the backyard dreaming of the garage I hope to make. Our yard is small and a standard garage would chew up most of it, so I want to make the garage as low as I can, and have the yard continue up onto the roof of the garage, either via steps or an incline. We would need a railing around the edge and I would like a canopy of solar panels above it all. Looks like the city will allow it so next I have to nail down the engineering for a grass roof. Fingers crossed that it could all come together...
That’s exciting. I like the idea of the grass roof. If you make the garage a little deeper you could pull straight inwuich might feel better‍♂️

69E21544-D7D0-4CDA-83F3-55D3CCA12D4C.jpeg
Good morning from the great Central Valley of CA.
69E21544-D7D0-4CDA-83F3-55D3CCA12D4C.jpeg

Reactions: Fred42 and tren01t
That’s exciting. I like the idea of the grass roof. If you make the garage a little deeper you could pull straight inwuich might feel better‍♂️
I'd love to be able to do that but the garage will open out onto the back alley which is only 16' wide. This way we could nose in and back out, or vice versa. Also considering a freeform shape molded to the car for the fun of it. I worry that the grass/mud would slide off when it rains for days (like now) but apparently it works on these buildings.
freeform garage.png
La-Maison-vague-Wave-House-with-Meadow-Grass-Roof-by-Patrick-Nadeau.jpg
superhelix-house-behind-the-roof-designboom-06.jpg

Reactions: singerdesign
I'd love to be able to do that but the garage will open out onto the back alley which is only 16' wide. This way we could nose in and back out, or vice versa. Also considering a freeform shape molded to the car for the fun of it. I worry that the grass/mud would slide off when it rains for days (like now) but apparently it works on these buildings.View attachment 537136 View attachment 537137 View attachment 537138

I designed pyramids with grass and a mesh material that keeps the grass intact. It really helps

plastic grass reinforcement mesh usa at DuckDuckGo

Attachments

• 5EAE5B80-5B09-474F-BC01-9928064DDAE4.jpeg
    5EAE5B80-5B09-474F-BC01-9928064DDAE4.jpeg
    537.6 KB · Views: 146
  • 9ED5334D-2BD7-4F33-936C-B800C55E035F.jpeg
    9ED5334D-2BD7-4F33-936C-B800C55E035F.jpeg
    604.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 9EDF3479-23E8-4B52-AA65-35553282C981.jpeg
    9EDF3479-23E8-4B52-AA65-35553282C981.jpeg
    411.4 KB · Views: 140
Reactions: Fred42
I designed pyramids with grass and a mesh material that keeps the grass intact. It really helps

plastic grass reinforcement mesh usa at DuckDuckGo

Thanks for the link.
And, supercool project! Pyramid Power! And I stalked your website. Love it. Your designs fall in the small percentage of modernism that applies elements of classicism to allow you to draw warmth and intimacy into projects where others would prioritize highlighting stark materials and spaces and end up with a project that is cold and out of scale.

Reactions: singerdesign
Thanks for the link.
And, supercool project! Pyramid Power! And I stalked your website. Love it. Your designs fall in the small percentage of modernism that applies elements of classicism to allow you to draw warmth and intimacy into projects where others would prioritize highlighting stark materials and spaces and end up with a project that is cold and out of scale.
I love how you put that
Thanks for the link.
haha I love how you put that. Yes my work is more human and warm. Thank you for appreciating

garage-dreaming-jpg.537000

My model 3 is out in the backyard dreaming of the garage I hope to make. Our yard is small and a standard garage would chew up most of it, so I want to make the garage as low as I can, and have the yard continue up onto the roof of the garage, either via steps or an incline. We would need a railing around the edge and I would like a canopy of solar panels above it all. Looks like the city will allow it so next I have to nail down the engineering for a grass roof. Fingers crossed that it could all come together...
One possible option would be to dig an underground garage and get access with a ramp or an elevator.

One possible option would be to dig an underground garage and get access with a ramp or an elevator.

Cool, video, thanks for sharing. Yes, thought about that earlier on. Gotta be pricey. I'm emailing now to ask price- place your bets. I bet it's $50K+ for a lift with a roof, no driver on board, only just enough space and capacity for a Model 3, minimal travel with no additional stops. I think they're based in Italy, so maybe $100k!

Cool, video, thanks for sharing. Yes, thought about that earlier on. Gotta be pricey. I'm emailing now to ask price- place your bets. I bet it's $50K+ for a lift with a roof, no driver on board, only just enough space and capacity for a Model 3, minimal travel with no additional stops. I think they're based in Italy, so maybe $100k!
And why did everyone in the video have an underground garage? Wouldn't moving the car underground, out of the sun and rain, be enough? Why do they have to then drive it out of the lift? Perhaps the only way to amortize these is by using them for multiple cars.

I would treat it like those guys with a tall garage, I would park one car in the lift and another on top. I assume that it can do that as it lowers to a flat surface in the parking lot w/o a warning sign to NOT drive onto the roof of the lift.

And why did everyone in the video have an underground garage? Wouldn't moving the car underground, out of the sun and rain, be enough? Why do they have to then drive it out of the lift? Perhaps the only way to amortize these is by using them for multiple cars.

I would treat it like those guys with a tall garage, I would park one car in the lift and another on top. I assume that it can do that as it lowers to a flat surface in the parking lot w/o a warning sign to NOT drive onto the roof of the lift.

Looks like they drive out into their underground garages or underground racetracks or whatever they have there. The website has all kinds of options- CAR LIFTS WITH DRIVER ON BOARD, CAR LIFTS WITH COVERING ROOF, GOODS LIFTS

WHAT IS THE PRICE OF A CAR LIFT?

Parking a car on the roof IS done, but you gotta watch out for problems.

Attachments

• car crushed.jpg
    car crushed.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 139
  • Funny
Reactions: Watts_Up