Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic Request - Model S 21" Turbines on STANDARD suspension.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, hoping someone can help me out. I continually check the service center while I'm charging, but have yet to find the 21" wheels on the standard suspension. All seem to have the smart-air.

I'm looking to get a set of turbines but I want to make sure the ride height doesn't change too drastically and leave me with the 4x4 look with the gaps (i.e.Monster Truck stance.)

Does anyone have the standard suspension and 21" wheels and are willing to post a few pics of the ride height?

Thanks in advance!!!

The ride height won't change at all vs 19" wheels because the tires are proportionally lower profile, so your overall diameter stays the same.

I have them on my car, with the standard suspension, however I also have wheel spacers all the way around. Here are a few shots, though not very good - Im planning on doing a nice set of photos this weekend after the car gets washed.

image.jpg

image.jpg

@HX_Guy - Thanks for such a quick response! Looks really good! If you do end up taking more photos I'd love to see them, especially a direct profile view.

Follow-up question: Have you noticed any [significant] changes in ride quality and road noise going from the 19's?

Ride quality wise I really haven't noticed a significant difference. Road noise probably more so, but it's hard to tell as I had the 19's on there for only a couple of hundred miles before putting the 21's on. I'm running Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, which are supposed to be relatively quiet I believe.

Thanks.

I currently have 20mm on the front and 25mm on the rear (measured stock fender edge to tire edge offset was 22mm front and 28mm rear), so this setup gets them virtually flush. I'm actually going to try some 20mm on the rear as well, as currently from certain angles I feel the rear wheels may be just a tad too far out.

I do love them though, makes the car look both beefier and more compact/stout in my opinion.
No rubbing issues whatsoever.