TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Picked up in Costa Mesa today, excellent experience

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Brea_3, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Brea_3

Brea_3 Member

TLDR: Pickup in Costa Mesa today went perfect.

Based on a number of posts, I was really worried picking up our midnight silver M3.
    The paperwork wasn't completed on Saturday at when they called me to confirm the appointment and make sure I would show up with my check. I said, no, the paperwork isn't complete. He said give him five minutes, and it was quickly corrected. Our appointment was at noon Sunday, we got there about 5 minutes early. When we walked in, they quickly checked us in, offered us a bottle of water, and said they would be right with us. Almost immediately, we were taken into the delivery room where our car was waiting for us. I opened the Tesla app and the car was already paired and ready. I went through my checklist pretty quickly, and we were getting back on the 55 freeway by 12:35! Car was perfect, everyone was professional, and they gave us an ovation as we were driving out!

• Love x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. junodragon

junodragon Member

Hi Brea_3,6: What was your configuration? I have a midnight silver order, RWD, no EAP or FS, 19" wheels. They contacted me last Thursday for home delivery, but haven't heard anything else yet. Do you recommend picking up at Costa Mesa instead of home delivery? How long was your wait from order to delivery? Thanks!!

3. Brea_3

Brea_3 Member

Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
    18’’ Aero Wheels
    Premium Black
    Premium Interior
    Premium Black

Actually could have taken delivery in July, but travel, etc. had me push it back. I emailed them on 8/31 that I was ready, and they said it would be about 4 weeks. On 9/5 I emailed and asked if 4 weeks was still reasonable, and they called me an hour later and said I could pick it up this weekend. Picking up in Costa Mesa was great, but if I could have had home delivery, I would have taken it!

4. HelloJohnny

HelloJohnny Member

Thanks for sharing your delivery experiences at Costa Mesa. Seeing more positive delivery date experiences for this location is good. I had a similar great delivery experience as this location as well!

5. DJung

DJung Member

I just ordered my car tonight, and I live 5 min away from the Costa Mesa Service Center. But it only gave me an option for home delivery. Interesting, I didn't know they did home delivery in my neighborhood :)