Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - State inspection not complete - Couldn't take delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Me and my girlfriend went to pick up her new 2023 M3 LR from inventory online. Car was awesome, I inspected it up and down inside and out only found a couple really small scratches that will buff out easily. Car had 8 miles and looked great we were ecstatic.

Everything was going well they handed us keys and then said "oh just a moment..." then the bad news came. From what I understood, the person in charge of doing state inspections on new vehicles had in fact inspected the vehicle but not "clicked" approve somehow so the car was stuck in limbo in that step in the internal delivery checkpoint system within Tesla.

They offered to try delivery again tomorrow (today) as the person would not be returning to rectify the issue and he only this particular person could approve the inspection.

Anybody else ever had this issue?

I didn't, but could have. The problem is franchised dealers slap a 2-yr inspection on new vehicles without having to do anything. But since Tesla is not a dealer, they have to obtain an inspection like if the car was used, meaning getting in line somewhere, AND having proof of insurance too. And YOU have to provide that. Once the inspection is done in TX, you don't need any proof, since the car is in the system approved, so not sure what happened to you. But hopefully it was resolved by now.

Reactions: Raroia