Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up in Costa Mesa today, excellent experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TLDR: Pickup in Costa Mesa today went perfect.

Based on a number of posts, I was really worried picking up our midnight silver M3.
The paperwork wasn't completed on Saturday at when they called me to confirm the appointment and make sure I would show up with my check. I said, no, the paperwork isn't complete. He said give him five minutes, and it was quickly corrected. Our appointment was at noon Sunday, we got there about 5 minutes early. When we walked in, they quickly checked us in, offered us a bottle of water, and said they would be right with us. Almost immediately, we were taken into the delivery room where our car was waiting for us. I opened the Tesla app and the car was already paired and ready. I went through my checklist pretty quickly, and we were getting back on the 55 freeway by 12:35! Car was perfect, everyone was professional, and they gave us an ovation as we were driving out!

Hi Brea_3,6: What was your configuration? I have a midnight silver order, RWD, no EAP or FS, 19" wheels. They contacted me last Thursday for home delivery, but haven't heard anything else yet. Do you recommend picking up at Costa Mesa instead of home delivery? How long was your wait from order to delivery? Thanks!!

Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
18’’ Aero Wheels
Premium Black
Premium Interior
Premium Black

Actually could have taken delivery in July, but travel, etc. had me push it back. I emailed them on 8/31 that I was ready, and they said it would be about 4 weeks. On 9/5 I emailed and asked if 4 weeks was still reasonable, and they called me an hour later and said I could pick it up this weekend. Picking up in Costa Mesa was great, but if I could have had home delivery, I would have taken it!