Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked Up on Model S on Friday.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Model S P100D last Friday and I couldn't be happier at this point.
The car has been really interesting and fun so far. No issues with delivery and only had to wait seven weeks. My last BMW, I had to wait four months when I ordered it. I only found one spec in the paint which wasn't worth having taken care of. Besides it turns heads and everyone wants to know what it is.

Sunday afternoon was dry and warm so the wife and I went down to this little stretch of road to see if the videos you see online of people doing launches are true or not. I've been in allot of fast cars over the years, and I must say the videos are true. After my wife stopped laughing, not the normal laugh, the uncomfortable laugh, she said she doesn't want to do that again!
I had to try it at least once.

I have a weird little issue going on with the wall charger "Model S - HPWC (High Power Wall Connector)" that I need to work thru but very happy so far.

My Tesla.png

looks great !! Is that 2020 P100D? I thought they call it a Model S Performance now. Just learning... I ordered a 2020 MS Performance. Wondering about what issue you had with wall connector? Which model did you get?

Some bad weather up that way hope you faired good.

M

looks great !! Is that 2020 P100D? I thought they call it a Model S Performance now. Just learning... I ordered a 2020 MS Performance. Wondering about what issue you had with wall connector? Which model did you get?

Some bad weather up that way hope you faired good.

M
Yes it's the Performance Model. When I started looking at them last year it was called the P100D so it stuck in my head.
It's the version 2 charger. I posted the issue on the charger forum. Works just isn't seem less.
I'm north of the weather thank god.

I picked up my Model S P100D last Friday and I couldn't be happier at this point.
The car has been really interesting and fun so far. No issues with delivery and only had to wait seven weeks. My last BMW, I had to wait four months when I ordered it. I only found one spec in the paint which wasn't worth having taken care of. Besides it turns heads and everyone wants to know what it is.

Sunday afternoon was dry and warm so the wife and I went down to this little stretch of road to see if the videos you see online of people doing launches are true or not. I've been in allot of fast cars over the years, and I must say the videos are true. After my wife stopped laughing, not the normal laugh, the uncomfortable laugh, she said she doesn't want to do that again!
I had to try it at least once.

I have a weird little issue going on with the wall charger "Model S - HPWC (High Power Wall Connector)" that I need to work thru but very happy so far.

View attachment 517577
when did you order and how long did it take to get your car?

when did you order and how long did it take to get your car?
I ordered on 1/4 and picked it up on 2/28.
It was worth the wait since it came with the updated wireless charger and such.
The wait time has reduced since they have all the new components in now.
I was told that was the cause for the delay.
I actually went out and purchased the "TapTes Wireless Qi Phone Charger" before I found out for sure it had the charger in it.
So if anyone needs one I have a brand new one for sale cheap! lol

I actually went out and purchased the "TapTes Wireless Qi Phone Charger" before I found out for sure it had the charger in it.

Happy for you. I ordered it on 1/14 and I am still in the dark. No VIN. No updated message. driving me crazy....want to cancel and just order something available at this point even though may not be exactly how I want it...

I've been waiting for a few weeks, still don't have a VIN assigned. The anticipation is strong!

I assume Tesla will at least try and get one to me before the end-of-quarter, because that's how they roll.

I just picked up my S yesterday, how do I know if I I have wireless phone charging?

Happy for you. I ordered it on 1/14 and I am still in the dark. No VIN. No updated message. driving me crazy....want to cancel and just order something available at this point even though may not be exactly how I want it...
I just picked up my S yesterday, how do I know if I I have wireless phone charging?
It would be in the center console and occupying one of the two USB ports.