Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0810.jpeg

Sun is back out and was able to paint the calipers and wash the car.

Attachments

• IMG_0822.jpeg
    IMG_0822.jpeg
    455.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0822.jpeg
    IMG_0822.jpeg
    455.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0815.jpeg
    IMG_0815.jpeg
    366 KB · Views: 32
Dang, your car looks so nice! Have few questions: What body kit are you running? Did it require self-tapping screws for installation? Any effects on your range or is it negligible? Thank you!
I don't know what his kit is, but I can report that my Adro one improved by 5 Wh/mi at 65 mph which is in line with their marketing claim of 4.4% (actually 1.8% but I was being conservative). On that one, a few screws are used but underneath the car into the plastic frame. The RPM Tesla kit called Colossal is a cheaper alternative of a Chinese knock-off.

I used an out-and-back fixed course of 126 miles and adjusted for temperature and humidity. I later added a wing which did cost 9 Wh/mi but I don't care; I like it anyway! My car is in this thread at page 171.

If you are interested:

I don't know what his kit is, but I can report that my Adro one improved by 5 Wh/mi at 65 mph which is in line with their marketing claim of 4.4% (actually 1.8% but I was being conservative). On that one, a few screws are used but underneath the car into the plastic frame. The RPM Tesla kit called Colossal is a cheaper alternative of a Chinese knock-off.

I used an out-and-back fixed course of 126 miles and adjusted for temperature and humidity. I later added a wing which did cost 9 Wh/mi but I don't care; I like it anyway! My car is in this thread at page 171.

If you are interested:

Thank you for the info! I assume aliexpress parts were copied from Adro original design. It does look aggressive and super clean. Love it. Congrats on your build!

Thank you for the info! I assume aliexpress parts were copied from Adro original design. It does look aggressive and super clean. Love it. Congrats on your build!

A few more notes. From the ADRO specifications (click on any part and scroll down to find this):

"Using computational fluid dynamics (CFD), our team of aerodynamicists tested the efficiency gains of a Tesla Model Y fitted with ADRO’s full body kit compared to a factory car. Our CFD analyses showed a 4.4% reduction in total vehicle drag and a downforce increase of 727 N, resulting from the installation of all four ADRO parts - front lip, side skirt, rear diffuser, and spoiler. This means that ADRO’s Premium Prepreg Carbon Fiber Full Body Kit made the Model Y even more aerodynamically efficient, which will ultimately result in a positive effect on overall range and performance."

I bought a different wing for my car from LM Tuning on AliExpress and it got a little damaged when shipped, so I suggest that you consider using the RPM Tesla Colossus to avoid that possibility.

Normally I think ADRO located in SoCal deserves the money instead of a counterfeiter but they are often out of stock from Korea when the fab is done (I had to wait months). But the aero kit truely is functional!

Best of luck.

Reactions: hyp36rmax
A few more notes. From the ADRO specifications (click on any part and scroll down to find this):

"Using computational fluid dynamics (CFD), our team of aerodynamicists tested the efficiency gains of a Tesla Model Y fitted with ADRO’s full body kit compared to a factory car. Our CFD analyses showed a 4.4% reduction in total vehicle drag and a downforce increase of 727 N, resulting from the installation of all four ADRO parts - front lip, side skirt, rear diffuser, and spoiler. This means that ADRO’s Premium Prepreg Carbon Fiber Full Body Kit made the Model Y even more aerodynamically efficient, which will ultimately result in a positive effect on overall range and performance."

I bought a different wing for my car from LM Tuning on AliExpress and it got a little damaged when shipped, so I suggest that you consider using the RPM Tesla Colossus to avoid that possibility.

Normally I think ADRO located in SoCal deserves the money instead of a counterfeiter but they are often out of stock from Korea when the fab is done (I had to wait months). But the aero kit truely is functional!

Best of luck.
Did @tom @ eas (European Auto Source) not have any in stock?

Reactions: tom @ eas
Did @tom @ eas (European Auto Source) not have any in stock?
Honestly, I didn't try there but probably should have. My purchase was last August and delivered in December.

Rishie at ZEV Centric in Fremont was my supplier and installer (great!) but the actual ADRO website shows backorder on the front lip and rear diffuser right now. It is premium-priced stuff but the quality is fantastic!

Reactions: hyp36rmax
Honestly, I didn't try there but probably should have. My purchase was last August and delivered in December.

Rishie at ZEV Centric in Fremont was my supplier and installer (great!) but the actual ADRO website shows backorder on the front lip and rear diffuser right now. It is premium-priced stuff but the quality is fantastic!

Agreed! ADRO has solid aero. A bit aggressive for my style on the MY. I'm happy to see folks gravitating towards personalizing their Teslas's beyond the generic color change wrap, PPF, AMZ/EBAY accessories. More enthusiast in EV's will open up more tuning options for us in the future.

Reactions: drb3333