First off, I know it's not a Fakra...just using keywords here (and lightly trolling the Anti-Fakra folks in the forum )
Links to references
- Trying to restage firmware for an onboard charger swap
- Charger is same model/rev but different firmware so HV contactor won't close
- MCU1/FSD (HW3) 2020.48.37.8
- I can't find build instructions in the forum (but then again, the wife says I can't find the ketchup if she hit me in the head with it)
- Tried ordering pre-built from Maxwelltechnologies for $50 but he hasn't responded to any request for updates
- Building my own cable using type-Z HSD Connector
- No idea what pin goes to what pin
- If I can't get this fixed myself, it's a tow to the service center...any help is much appreciated!
Not too hard really. You need an Ethernet to Fakra 4 pin hsd cable. Then you'll need to plug into the car network and redeploy your firmware so that it upgrades the firmware on your new charge port.
Tesla Service Cable Ethernet FakraHSD for Toolbox 1.5ft Model S/X | eBay
Then once you have it, remove the glove box and look at your APE computer behind it. Remove it's white Ethernet cable and connect your new cable to it (this is the Ethernet cable going to your MCU).
Then, plug the Ethernet cable into your laptop and set your laptop ip address on the Ethernet port to 192.168.90.103
Then use a terminal to telnet into your MCU by typing "telnet 192.168.90.100 25956"
Then type "factory-redeploy" and hit enter. Your MCU will turn blue after a few seconds and start the automatic firmware redeploy to all car components. You do NOT need to push any buttons on the MCU to start it. Just wait. It'll reboot a bunch. 45 minutes later it'll be complete and say so, but still be blue.
Restart the MCU by holding down the two steering scroll wheels for a few seconds in order to make the blue screen go away.
You should be done.
Links to references
Bought brand new charge port for P100D year 2017. Part number: 1061353-00-F. The old one is mechanically damaged, albeit charging works but in limited mode. When charge port physically changed: The car says "Software upgrade required". Port will not unlock Doesn't charge if opened via...