Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Placerville, CA to Kyburz, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even using the Tesla Trip Planner I am not sure if I need to charge or can I make this round trip in a Model 3 Performance? Gong to visit a friend and can use his wall outlet as I'll be staying overnight. I am wondering if the elevation/cold weather requires me to charge up or not. Can you make that trip without charging overnight? thanks, Bill (I'm starting from El Cerrito, CA and I'm not concerned about the rest of the trip, only this last hour). Thanks, Bill

You trip is 5 hours 49 minutes according to ABRP, but your charging is 17 minutes.

You should also know that you need more than a regular 120v outlet to make a big difference in your trip. On the way back you will have maybe 2-3 charging stops, which isn't a big deal either.

Also since you sound new, you should know that driving faster increases the number of charging stops that you will need. The ABRP quote is at 65 mph, you should tweak the settings to see the effect of a faster speed.