Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid performance brake pads from tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a copy of my order for the new pads. If the originals were 'complete trash' you would probably have a class action lawsuit against Tesla. As far as warranty. I think that using Tesla parts would not void anything. However, when using after market parts, then good luck when dealing with Tesla and their warranty claims.
Pad Invoice Clipped.jpg

As @Sam1 mentioned, brake pads are a wear item, so you're not going to be claiming any warranty for them anyway.

I'd suggest CarboTech or G-Loc for pad upgrades. Or just leave the brakes stock if you're not putting the car on the track. A "better" more aggressive pad is not objectively better. A more aggressive pad almost always requires more heat to get the same bite as a street oriented pad, and that means your first stop will be less than ideal - especially in an EV that doesn't use the friction brakes very often.

Reactions: WeaponX
Here is a copy of my order for the new pads. If the originals were 'complete trash' you would probably have a class action lawsuit against Tesla. As far as warranty. I think that using Tesla parts would not void anything. However, when using after market parts, then good luck when dealing with Tesla and their warranty claims.
They were complete trash, plenty of videos on youtube of the brakes overheating and going into reduced mode. I've had it happen to me on the highway, not even on the track. Heck, wasn't there even a video of one guy (blatantly) abusing them and catching them on fire after a few 100-0 stops?

Those things should have never been put on a 1000hp/5000 pound car. If nothing was wrong with them, Tesla would not have changed them.

Here is a copy of my order for the new pads. If the originals were 'complete trash' you would probably have a class action lawsuit against Tesla. As far as warranty. I think that using Tesla parts would not void anything. However, when using after market parts, then good luck when dealing with Tesla and their warranty claims.View attachment 980589
I just put in my order to replace mine thanks big help. I don't do road racing however during my drag racing events i hit 155 + and after 3 passes i can feel the car isn't slowing down as before but for normal driving i only use the brakes for emergency situations the 1 pedal driving works well