Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid/Refresh Amp Power Location Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone who has installed an amplifier, where did you pull power from? The jump post on the new plaid/refresh is just a tab with no bolt to latch on to. Not sure what to do. Thanks very much.

No answer for you, but I'm considering moving from my '18 M3P to a Plaid S and very curious how to wire up my amp/sub. I had to go through some fairly intricate hoops to get 1500Wrms working smoothly. My M3 would throw all sorts of errors when the car 'wakes', turns on the HV to LV DC/DC converter, and the amp's caps try to charge. I had to put a big capacitor on it, and a little custom made PCB with a processor and firmware to limit current charging the cap/amp through a 200W 2ohm resistor - then supply full power through a relay switch once everything was 'precharged'. I'm a FW engineer working with microcontrollers for 20 years, and was luckily able to pull that somewhat miracle off.

Has the model S evolved to have the equivalent of the model 3's 12V penthouse under the rear seat, or is the only practical connection upfront with the 12V battery still? (Wired my wife's '15 S P90D as well)