Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21+ Model S/X Plaid aftermarket subwoofer help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
bruh I'm sorry I'm mostly just curious. But a plaid has 22 speakers already and sounds amazing(to me) you guys really need to add to it
I have a 2023 S Plaid and the bass extension disappoints compared to my former S P100d with the top system.

Is there a clean (invisible) path to returning to that quality? I don’t want to fill the sub trunk or see speaker grills in the trunk.

I have a 2023 S Plaid and the bass extension disappoints compared to my former S P100d with the top system.

Is there a clean (invisible) path to returning to that quality? I don’t want to fill the sub trunk or see speaker grills in the trunk.
I don't think there's anything for the 21+ Refresh

Last edited:
There is nothing besides one company I can’t remember if it’s Metra, but one of those big ones have a plug-in play harness that gives you front rear and subwoofer RCA’s
That would be the only Stereo accessory that’s made for these cars due to the 15.5 V battery

There is nothing besides one company I can’t remember if it’s Metra, but one of those big ones have a plug-in play harness that gives you front rear and subwoofer RCA’s
That would be the only Stereo accessory that’s made
Ok
Here's the hookup to the Tesla 15.5 v battery.
In from + harness not off battery

thanks for the detailed info! Sorry it’s been a few months. I’ve been working on a couple other projects. I am had some spinal issues, that prevented from doing any of this type of work. Just now getting healed up. My next post, I will explain what I’ve done in the meantime

That would be the only Stereo accessory that’s made

thanks for the detailed info! Sorry it’s been a few months. I’ve been working on a couple other projects. I am had some spinal issues, that prevented from doing any of this type of work. Just now getting healed up. My next post, I will explain what I’ve done in the meantime
I was wondering what happened.
I'm familiar with back issues and degenerative lower discs as well as arthritis.
Instead of a harness with fronts, rears and sub outputs I constructed a 3 way system using 3 LC2i line convertors with subs, midranges and tweeters with level controls so I could tune in my system instantly for every new song when I turn it up to 10 or 11 🤪 .

My latest improvement has been adding Bass Reflex ports to my sub box which has made a significant difference.
I also on a hunch switched the polarity of the subs as it seems there was some cancellation going on.

My next improvement when I get around to it is to replace the door subs with these enclosed dual 2 ohm 250 watt rms Pioneer subs wired in parallel for 1 ohm.

I look forward to see what you will come up with but I'm very happy with my setup.

Last edited: