Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Tire Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am taking delivery of a Model S Plaid in a few days with the 19" wheel / all season tire option.

I am very concerned about running an all season tire on a 1000+hp car. At a bare minimum this thing must need a Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Can plaid owners attest to how bad the traction is on the all season / summer tire options?

Is it worth getting a new wheel that I can fit something like a Toyo R888R on?

I am taking delivery of a Model S Plaid in a few days with the 19" wheel / all season tire option.

I am very concerned about running an all season tire on a 1000+hp car. At a bare minimum this thing must need a Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Can plaid owners attest to how bad the traction is on the all season / summer tire options?

First Tesla?

I have both set-ups: OEM 21s + Michelin PS4S and OEM 19s + Michelin PSAS4 for when the temps drop around here. I have not made the winter switchover yet, but I did have the 19s on for a weekend to check things out. I thought they drove great--handled well and handled a couple of drag strip/cheetah launches with no drama.