Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Play In drivers seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
quick question...

I’ve noticed that my drivers seat has some play in it, not a lot but when I break the seat tilts forward a little and when I put my foot down it moves back.

I’ve tried putting it in different positions but it happens all the time as if something is lose?

Anyone else experience this?

Anyone else had any luck with this.

Been reading a lot on here back to threads in 2016 and appears I may just be too fat for Tesla... lol

SC said nothing wrong with my seat but I don’t buy that. I’ve got. 2017 MX loaner now with 18k on the clock and that rocks also so this has to be a common fault they won’t accept or put simply if ya fat ya gonna make ya seat move.

Mine doesnt squeak. But under hard acceleration and hard braking it moves a little bit. I kind of ignored it until I started seeing all the threads on TMC about other folks having an issue. So when i had my tires rotated, I had them check my seat and they concluded to replace the seat. Its supposedly on order, but ill follow up in a few weeks if I dont hear from the SC.

Dont expect it anytime soon. I'm waiting on a new headliner and a new dashboard since September... My car is in the SC now for something else they are going to chase up my parts but they told me it can take months... GOD knows why but apparently it does with Tesla.

when did you get your MS, it seems like we got ours at similar times and while mine does have a different seat in it... its interesting we have similar issues... I wonder if its maybe not the seat but the seat base frame which i suspect would be the same?
I got mine in the second week of July 2018. Thats a good point. I will ask the tech that whenever my seat comes in..hopefully in 2019.

Mine was produced about that time i took delivery in September.

I just had a look at the parts catalogue the actual seats appear to be the same the switch is the same but the motors and sliders are different so maybe it is the seat but the movment i have is the whole seat if you grab the back of the seat and shake it, it's solid attached to the seat base and both the back rest and seat base are moving back and forth against the sliders so maybe the bracket on the seats which attach to the sliders are fubar...

Model S runner
Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 00.37.20.png

Model x Runner
Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 00.37.02.png

On both the S and X the sliders have 8 anchor points, four on each side, im assuming this is how the seat is actually attached to the frame/sliders... I wonder if these are the issue... I have a loaner outside with the same issue if i get a chance i'll try and take a closer look at where the movement is coming from

Mine was produced about that time i took delivery in September.

I just had a look at the parts catalogue the actual seats appear to be the same the switch is the same but the motors and sliders are different so maybe it is the seat but the movment i have is the whole seat if you grab the back of the seat and shake it, it's solid attached to the seat base and both the back rest and seat base are moving back and forth against the sliders so maybe the bracket on the seats which attach to the sliders are fubar...

Model S runner
View attachment 372735

Model x Runner
View attachment 372738

interesting.

yep, that is exactly how mine rocks.