Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pleasantly surprised at how cheap I am able to charge my vehicle!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my X for about 4 1/2 months and I am so pleasantly surprised at how little extra cost has been added to my PGE bill to "fuel" my vehicle.

I only charge my vehicle during off peak time. My bill has consistenty been about $25 for that off peak usage for the month. That also includes any normal house things running in the middle of the night and all day Sunday electric usage. My electric company only charges transmission and distribution charges on mid peak and on peak usage, so this car's MPG must be incredible.
042018.JPG

Love my X!

Reactions: Mrcook4590
I have had my X for about 4 1/2 months and I am so pleasantly surprised at how little extra cost has been added to my PGE bill to "fuel" my vehicle.

I only charge my vehicle during off peak time. My bill has consistenty been about $25 for that off peak usage for the month. That also includes any normal house things running in the middle of the night and all day Sunday electric usage. My electric company only charges transmission and distribution charges on mid peak and on peak usage, so this car's MPG must be incredible.
View attachment 295578
Love my X!
Fwiw, in socal over the past year, my bill went up by $100 a month for just over 2000 miles per month... Rates in socal are higher, but we had lower rates after midnight...

Man we get screwed here in the bay area .

If you want the EV plan for cheap off peak it's

0.42 peak
0.36 off peak
0.11 super off peak.

The federal energy commission needs to look at California electricity pricing .

That said, I have a super charger 11 minutes from my house - 950 miles, all 'free' :)

View attachment 295578
Love my X!
You used 1000 kwh and your bill was $100?!? Holy moly, that would be about $350 in the bay area .

No peak or off peak rates in NJ but have to pay Delivery and Supply which combines to about $0.16 per kWh. So happy I have a 10.15kWp solar system installed in Jan. Last month I used 888 kWh and generated 627 kWh so had to pay $44.63 for the difference.