Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontarians, if you switch to the ULO rates, pls be careful your charging schedule.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you suppose to charge your car only at ULO rates starting from 11PM. but you plug your car after arriving home after work. Pls be careful. Recent software update is for sure broken the scheduling. Just double check if it will charge your car at your off peak time..

Yesterday, I set my Y departure time and off peak time both at 6AM, but when I checked my car at 9:45PM, it has been already charged 20KWH. With my 40Amp wall charger, it shall never starts to charge at around 7-8PM. Today my wife plug in her 3 at about 5:30PM, it started to charge immediately, and all scheduling has disappeared, by 7:15PM I found this, 10KWH has gone on my peak rates.

Don't tell me how to set up scheduling and off peak charging, I know what I am doing as I own a Tesla and Wall charger since 2018.

This has happened to me frequently over the last year or 2. Sometimes not.
So I always check after plugging in during the day.
I own an 3 for 6 years now, but never happened. I have got my Y in Sept also was fine. I do think recent software update did broke something in this regards. If you have experience this before, that means the recent software update made this problem worse.

If you suppose to charge your car only at ULO rates starting from 11PM. but you plug your car after arriving home after work. Pls be careful. Recent software update is for sure broken the scheduling. Just double check if it will charge your car at your off peak time..

Yesterday, I set my Y departure time and off peak time both at 6AM, but when I checked my car at 9:45PM, it has been already charged 20KWH. With my 40Amp wall charger, it shall never starts to charge at around 7-8PM. Today my wife plug in her 3 at about 5:30PM, it started to charge immediately, and all scheduling has disappeared, by 7:15PM I found this, 10KWH has gone on my peak rates.

Don't tell me how to set up scheduling and off peak charging, I know what I am doing as I own a Tesla and Wall charger since 2018.

Have you toggled or re-applied your scheduling settings since the software update?

Sometimes people report software updates will disable things and it needs toggling a setting to make it re-apply.

Reactions: CFinVancouver
Have you toggled or re-applied your scheduling settings since the software update?

Sometimes people report software updates will disable things and it needs toggling a setting to make it re-apply.
An update seems to have turned my "camera record with horn honk" OFF. This would have been very helpful to have the recording I assumed I got when I was hit by a motorcycle and then punched in the face through the driver's window. Apparently, film is good for an assault charge evidence. Thank you Mr. Tesla.