Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

please honest opinion only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And rebooting the infotainment system. It takes some serious work but JD Powers which is also often cited does explain buts and pieces of their methods when they do press releases every year.

@Veto888 Im in Vegas too. Our SC is pretty good, and getting better now that the wave of M3s are out. My last two appointments have been fast and good, and the customer service is spectacular.

Lastly, you will ALWAYS get a loaner from them. Always. It may not always be another Tesla, but they will give you a car. I’ve heard they have insurance and rental arrangements...but you’ll never be without a car.

If we trade our Accord for Model S (CPO) can we trust that car to be Reliable commuter car ?
Most important - even if something happen and we cant use it for tomorrow can we get loaner from Tesla right away?
My Model S is close to six years old and over 120K miles and has never missed a daily commute, so yes, it's as reliable as they come. Far more reliable than the VW TDI I had, which needed three tows and had engine failure at 80K miles (just one of the many failures. VW sold me their one car--never again would I purchase a VW or any car associated with them, not that there's much chance of me ordering a Bentley but Audi is sure on the do not purchase list).

I've always been able to get a loaner Tesla for annual service.

The one time I had an actual problem was shortly after we purchased the Model S. We were on our first trip. No Superchargers. Everything was fine till we arrived at our destination 700 miles from home and the second night the car wouldn't charge. Turned out to be one of the on-board chargers. Tesla flew a Ranger out and they replaced it. We lost about two hours of driving time while the maintenance was performed and another hour waiting for the Ranger. Fortunately, we had enough energy to do all the driving we needed to do during the day it took for the Ranger to arrive. That has been our only problem that could have been a disaster, but Tesla came through. Had this happened today, there is a Ranger within 50 miles, so potentially the repair could happen on the same day. Since then, besides commuting, we've had many trips, the furthest of which were to Seattle and Thunder Bay. We don't even think twice about using the Model S.