Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pleather for all...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really understand what "FSD" means. Anyway, I hope that the Model 3 or some future model is eventually going to provide a well made electric car that allows me to eventually have one I can put a kayak on a rack (without "wing doors"), could fit a lot inside, such as how a Prius wagon can fit a bicycle thrown in the back if you once in a while have to drive the bike to a bike shop to be fixed, and is not a luxury car that gets some huge 150 mph type power. But I do like great nav systems and adaptive cruise control, all wheel drive, many miles able to be driven on a charge. I wish there would be more ways to charge it without having to own a house. I have been renting my place instead. I don't like the impression I am driving a luxury car because it sets me up to be insulted and resented by people who think I'm engaging in conspicuous consumption -- I have to deal with people like that daily and I don't like showing off. I am not interested in snob appeal. It's fine for Tesla to have a model or two that are luxury cars if I can get one that isn't luxury but is part of the new future electronically and is extremely reliable. I love the display screen on the Tesla I test drove too.

I'm kind of afraid that the Model S/X could turn into a very generic model car. Choice A or B and no real customizing. Ultimately while that may be favorable to push more cars out of the production line faster, I don't think it does anything for making the S/X special and unique, which in part from the electronics and battery (agreeably a big part of the car) is what keeps the car in the luxury class IMO. I would have thought they wanted to retain the uniqueness of their two larger margin vehicles and don't see this shift in production line minimization as being a necessity. Don't they have separate lines and work crews for each vehicle? Why sacrifice the S/X for mass producing the Model 3? If we ever get to FSD in cars in general, and you don't even own a car but call one, who the heck cares I guess what kind of car you are riding in.

FSD = Full Self Driving.

The Model 3 sounds very close to what you're looking for. The designer is a bicyclist and has assured people that a bike will fit in the back. AWD should be completely pointless in Florida so you might save some money there. And the big battery one is rated at 310 miles of range.

Reactions: Vern Padgett
Status
Not open for further replies.