Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plenty Magazine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WarpedOne

Supreme Premier
Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2006
Slovenia, Europe
In that Plenty Magazine article that is linked from Tesla's site, we learn something new:

Plenty: We hear that you’re going to introduce your four-door sedan model and that that’s going to be significantly cheaper. How much cheaper can we expect it to be, and how are you going to keep the costs down?

Eberhard: We hope to come out with a second car in around 2009, and the base amount will be half the price of the Roadster. We’re aiming for an under $50,000 entry level price for that car, which is very difficult for us to achieve as a start-up company. Making cars is expensive. But the way we’re getting the price down largely has to do with building our own factory rather than paying somebody else to assemble the car. And then also taking advantage of everything we’ve learned making the Roadster and applying that to the new car.

So, Tesla Motors is is already into building its own production line.

And this made me smile:

Plenty: Does this mean that the Big Three is going to have to start switching over to electric cars, sooner rather than later?
Eberhard: I think so, or else I’ll have to buy them out later when I’m bigger than they are.

:D