Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plug Insights survey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently got this email from PlugShare. It's about a survey that will monitor my battery usage and health over time. I'm considering signing up for it but I'm also wondering if anyone else has signed up and if so, has the experience been good or bad. I'm also concerned about allowing any third party organization access to the data from my Model 3. Does anyone have any experience with this or any opinions about it - good or bad:

Graphic.php

Hello PlugInsights Member!

Working with our partner, Recurrent, we're reaching out to PlugInsights members to better understand long-term EV battery degradation. Recurrent was recently awarded a National Science Foundation research grant in order to expand their efforts to predict battery health and future range by comparing anonymous vehicle data with thousands of other cars.

To do this, they're assembling a group of EV volunteers willing to share anonymous access to their battery range and state of charge data over time in a variety of weather and driving conditions. For eligible vehicles, it's automatic, no work on your end.

We heard from some people that AWS outages last week caused connection issues but those disruptions should be resolved now.

Follow this link to learn more or sign up:

Vehicles that choose to participate will receive a monthly report detailing your battery’s performance and expected life (see the sample report). Some vehicles are also eligible for instant one-time reports but require dashboard photos.

Graphic.php

Follow this link to learn more or sign up:

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
https://pluginsights.ca1.qualtrics....iE9ENXKnt999s_CGC_ndQQbAlnw4YKLyi&Q_CHL=email

Thank you for your participation!
The PlugInsights Team

I just asked a similar question in the Model Y group regarding the same email. Hopefully we can get some good advice. I'd like to participate but I am also concerned about giving access to my Model Y. I'll be following this thread.

It may be moot at this point. I just tried the link in my email for more information and I got the following response: You have either already completed the survey or your session has expired.
I had not clicked on the link until just a minute ago. Just received the email yesterday....

I have signed up and received several reports since. The only gripe I have is that the comparisons to other cars is based on age not mileage, so my 2020 with 45K miles shows more degradation than similarly aged cars, however no comparison to cars with similar mileage.